The Demandbase Salesforce integration allows you to connect Demandbase One with your Salesforce CRM. The integration creates a bidirectional sync between Demandbase and Salesforce.
Demandbase doesn’t create any new Salesforce account, contact, lead, opportunity, or campaign records. We only create a new Salesforce task record when using the Take Action or Automation feature. See the Take Action and Automation articles for more information.
Important: The first time you integrate with Salesforce, the duration of the initial sync is dependent on the volume of records in your CRM. You can see the status of the sync in System Notifications.
- Data sync from Salesforce:
- Data from Salesforce syncs to Demandbase using the REST API.
- Demandbase syncs data from 2,000 records per API call.
- The frequency of the read cron job from Salesforce can be configured in Data Sync Settings.
- Demandbase queries Salesforce for all account, contact, lead, activity, opportunity, and campaign records with a last modified date after the Datetime of the last completed sync.
- Data sync to Salesforce:
- Data from Demandbase syncs to Salesforce using the SOAP API via Bulk Data Load jobs.
- Demandbase syncs data to 500 records per batch.
- The writeback job to Salesforce runs daily between 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. UTC. If you want to adjust the timing of the writeback job, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demandbase syncs data to the account, lead, and contact objects. Data is pushed ONLY when there's a difference between the calculated state in Demandbase and the previous field value in Salesforce AND the record exists in Demandbase. This ensures that Demandbase only syncs meaningful updates to your Salesforce.
- For the list of fields Demandbase syncs data to, see Demandbase App Package Custom Fields and Calculated Fields.
There is also a Demandbase Salesforce Lite (read-only) integration available. See Set Up Salesforce Lite with Optional Pardot Integration.
- Review Best Practices: Salesforce Permissions.
- We only support Enterprise, Unlimited, and Performance editions of Salesforce. We don’t support Group, Professional, or Developer editions.
Review the links below to learn how to set up your Salesforce integration and configure Demandbase in Salesforce.
Set Up Salesforce Integration
- Step 1: Add Demandbase (ABX Cloud) App Package in Salesforce
- Step 2: Obtain Salesforce Credentials
- Step 3: Add Salesforce Integration in Demandbase One