For most enterprises, the People database is so large that Demandbase users need to create subgroups of the People database to make the records manageable. Person Lists help digital marketers more effectively target qualified leads in the Advertising Cloud. Marketing teams can also use these lists with Marketo, Salesloft, and Outreach campaigns in the Orchestration add-on of Demandbase.
Leads and/or Contacts from a customer relationship management (CRM) system or a marketing automation system (MAS) must populate the People database.
1. From the left navigation bar, select Database > People > Person Lists > Create new.
2. In the Create a new list window:
a. Enter a name for your Person List.
b. Select an option in the List Type field:
- Dynamic list: This setting allows you to set up a list in which you can select People records from the Demandbase tenant. After you create a Dynamic list, it updates as people fit or don’t fit the Selector criteria that you'll establish for the list later.
- SFDC report: If you have Salesforce integrated with Demandbase and want to create a Person List from a Salesforce report, select this option to import the Contacts and Leads from the report. Then select the report name in the Select Report drop-down menu.
- SFDC view: If you have Salesforce integrated with Demandbase and want to create a Person List from a Salesforce View, select this option to import the Contacts and Leads from the View. Then select the View name in the Select View drop-down menu.
c. Select the access level in the Visibility drop-down menu:
- Public: Visible to everyone in your company.
- Private: Visible only to the creator of the list and any Demandbase users with an Admin role.
d. Click Create List.
3. For new Dynamic lists only: Click Basic or Advanced in the Selectors page to define the attributes that you want to apply to the people who get added to your list. See the Selectors documentation for how to use these customizable filters to advance your ABM mission. After you finalize your Selector definitions, click Save.
4. If you want to view the Person List in context of the People View in Analytics, click Go to Dashboard. See People View in Analytics for more information about that page.
5. If you want to make changes to the list or set up notifications, click the three dots in the top right corner to open a menu of options.
Tip: See Reference: Three Demandbase Out-of-the-Box Filters for how to set up a Person List based on Intent.
Your new Person List is displayed in a table on the List tab. If you want to rename the list or enter a description about it, click the Detail tab. On the Detail tab, hover over the Name field and/or Description field to activate a clickable pencil icon with which you enter a new list name and/or description.