In Step 5: Creatives of the Campaign Builder, you can upload the display creatives and landing page URLs for your advertising campaign.
The upload wizard in the Campaign Builder allows you to submit ad assets in Excel or CSV files that link to creatives and landing pages. If you don’t have the ad assets in a tracking spreadsheet, Demandbase provides Excel templates in which you can place the links to creatives and landing page URLs. We strongly recommend that you prepare the assets in spreadsheet format and click the Excel + Creatives button when prompted for how to submit your ad.
If your campaign is relatively simple and you don’t want to use a spreadsheet to upload, you can submit non-spreadsheet files after clicking the Creatives only button. Generally, this method of submission requires a lot of manual copy-and-paste of long URLs, which lends itself to confusion and entry errors. Be aware that if you choose this path you can’t go back and edit landing pages after you’ve uploaded the files.
- You’ve completed Step 1 through Step 4 of the Campaign Builder in self-serve Advertising, and you are in Step 5: Creatives.
- Your creative assets and landing page information conform to Reference: Non-Personalized and Self-Serve Ad Specifications. The article contains important information about what ad dimensions and file formats that we can accept.
- If you plan to have your ad creatives hosted outside of Demandbase, the creative file format should be DoubleClick for Advertising (DFA), Flashtalking, or Sizmek.
- Recommended preparation: If you want to submit your ad assets with an Excel file that references your ad creatives and landing pages, see Uploading Advertising Creatives with an Excel File for how to prepare the spreadsheet and related files.
1. Click the +Upload Creatives button and select Display creatives.
2. If you have an Excel file for your ad assets (either sourced from your own spreadsheet or from the Demandbase template), upload the Excel file and if necessary the creatives as well:
a. Click the Excel + Creatives button.
b. Place your Excel spreadsheetーand if you’re letting Demandbase host your creative image files, place these assets alsoーinto the upload window. See Uploading Advertising Creatives with an Excel File for information about the contents of the Excel file and template spreadsheets that you can adapt for your ad assets.
3. If you want to upload only creative files, you upload the files and manually enter click URLs or landing pages in the upload wizard:
a. Click the Creatives only button.
b. Place your creative files into the Creatives only upload window.
c. Select one of the following options:
-Associate one click URL or landing page with all creatives to be uploaded by entering it in the Click URL or Landing Page field.
-Associate more than one click URL or landing page with the creatives by clicking the Want to use a different URL for each creative? link. The link opens to a window that allows you to enter different URLs for every creative you're uploading.
4. Click the Submit button.
Once your ad is published, the AdChoices icon link will be overlayed in the upper right corner of the ad. The AdChoices link is there to provide consumers with information and choices about how and when data is collected or used to serve ads targeted to them based on their likely interests. For more information, see this documentation: http://youradchoices.com. Here is an example of a screenshot with the AdChoices icon link: