There are two ways of getting your HubSpot data into Demandbase:
- You can connect Demandbase directly to HubSpot as a native integration. The native integration allows Demandbase to report on email events (open, click, forward) and form fills that are tracked via HubSpot.
- You can follow these steps to learn how to get HubSpot data into Salesforce, and then ultimately into Demandbase.
- HubSpot Marketing: Professional or Enterprise Subscription
- Salesforce: Enterprise, Unlimited, or Performance Edition
You must have Admin privileges in Demandbase.
Steps: Native Integration with HubSpot
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Demandbase-Wide Settings > Integrations.
- Click Create Data Source and select HubSpot.
- Click Save.
- Log into HubSpot to verify the integration.
Good to Know
- Data will be processed after the sync and available in the customer database according to the schedules described in Understanding Demandbase Data Availability.
- You'll want to edit the default Engagement Minutes assigned to HubSpot activities.
- Check for activities that were coming into Salesforce from HubSpot already that may be double counted now.
- We expect the initial sync for an average size customer to take about a week. We're happy to help provide updates and clarity for you as needed.
Getting HubSpot Data Into Salesforce and Then Into Demandbase
The Big Idea
If you can get your marketing activities into Salesforce as either campaigns, tasks, activities, or fields on lead, contact, or account objects, we'll make it available in Demandbase.
Using HubSpot Workflows, you can get virtually any kind of HubSpot data into Salesforce, things like filling out forms or tracking web visit behavior of known individuals are perfect activities to add to Salesforce and track in Demandbase.
Steps: HubSpot Workflows
1. Make sure persons within HubSpot are pushed to Salesforce.
2. Choose between adding HubSpot data into Salesforce as part of a SFDC Campaign or as a SFDC Task/Activity. Both methods are discussed below:
- Review HubSpot's example Workflow action to add to an SFDC Campaign
Tip: Salesforce Campaigns must be created first before you can add people to a Campaign with a HubSpot Workflow.
- Review HubSpot's example Workflow action to add to an SFDC Task/Activity and see HubSpot's documentation about adding Salesforce Tasks from HubSpot.
Installing Demandbase's Tracking Pixel to Your HubSpot Website
Our Demandbase Web Tracking pixel needs to be on every single website page. HubSpot provides a Global Module that you can add our pixel to make it available on every page. Review the HubSpot guide to adding global content to learn more.