With this step, you're integrating with Microsoft Dynamics in Demandbase using the pre-configured Demandbase App. Demandbase will create a new account for the integration user in Microsoft Dynamics CRM on your behalf. We will use this user's token to sync data to and from your CRM.
What does the integration not do?
- This integration does NOT modify any existing Microsoft Dynamics data.
- This integration does NOT create new Objects.
- This integration does NOT create new Records.
- You must have Admin privileges within your Microsoft Dynamics and Demandbase environments.
- Important: If installing in a Sandbox, only connect a Microsoft Dynamics Sandbox to a Demandbase Sandbox. Please reach out to your Implementation Manager and ensure you have a Demandbase Sandbox environment.
Important: Before beginning, be sure to completely log out of Microsoft Dynamics and ensure that every you have logged out in every open window or tab.
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Demandbase-Wide Settings > Integrations.
- Click Create Data Source and select Microsoft Dynamics under CRM.
- In the Create Data Source window, select Demandbase App from the Setup Type drop-down list.
- Enter your full Microsoft Dynamics Server URL and click Save. For example, org9a747488.api.crm.dynamics.com.
- In the Microsoft window that opens, select the appropriate Microsoft Dynamics account.
- Click Accept after reviewing the terms and conditions.
- In the Demandbase window that opens, enter a Username, First Name, and Last Name for the new integration user account.
Important: Demandbase will create a new account for the integration user in Microsoft Dynamics CRM on your behalf. We will use this user's token to sync data to and from your CRM.
- Click Save.
- In the Microsoft Dynamics sign-in window, log in to the Microsoft Dynamics instance you want Demandbase to connect to.
The integration creates a bidirectional sync between Demandbase and Microsoft Dynamics.
Important: The initial data sync may take 2-5 days, depending on volume. You can monitor the progress in Data Sync Status. See Data Sync Settings for more information.
Microsoft Dynamics Data in Demandbase
After synchronization, Microsoft Dynamics account object, lead object, contact object, opportunity object, activity object, user data, and all related default fields are available in the Demandbase Database.
How to Identify Records from Microsoft Dynamics
You can identify records synced from Microsoft Dynamics by adding the Source column to any List table.
Here is an example of an account list with Microsoft Dynamics sourced accounts.
Demandbase Data in Microsoft Dynamics
After synchronization, Demandbase custom fields are automatically created in Microsoft Dynamics via an API. See more information at Reference: Demandbase Custom Fields in Microsoft Dynamics.
You can also manually create calculated fields and see additional Demandbase data in Microsoft Dynamics. See instructions on how to create Demandbase Calculated Fields.