With this step, you're integrating with Microsoft Dynamics in Demandbase using OAuth.
What does the integration not do?
- This integration does NOT modify any existing Microsoft Dynamics data.
- This integration does NOT create new Objects.
- This integration does NOT create new Records.
- You must have Admin privileges within your Microsoft Dynamics and Demandbase environments.
- Important: If installing in a Sandbox, only connect a Microsoft Dynamics Sandbox to a Demandbase Sandbox. Please reach out to your Implementation Manager and ensure you have a Demandbase Sandbox environment.
Important: Before beginning, be sure to completely log out of Microsoft Dynamics and ensure that every you have logged out in every open window or tab.
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Demandbase-Wide Settings > Integrations.
- Click Create Data Source and select Microsoft Dynamics under CRM.
- In the Create Data Source window, select OAuth (Access Token) from the Setup Type drop-down list.
- Enter the Client ID, Tenant TD, and Client Secret Value you saved from Step 1 (OAuth): Create the Demandbase (ABX Cloud) App in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Enter the Host value from your Microsoft Dynamics account.
Tip: You can find the Host value in the URL of the Microsoft Dynamics account. For example, the Host value for the URL https://org9a747488.api.crm.dynamics.com is org9a747488.
- Click Save.
The integration creates a bidirectional sync between Demandbase and Microsoft Dynamics.
Important: The initial data sync may take 2-5 days, depending on volume. You can monitor the progress in Data Sync Status. See Data Sync Settings for more information.
Microsoft Dynamics Data in Demandbase
After synchronization, Microsoft Dynamics account object, lead object, contact object, opportunity object, activity object, user data, and all related default fields is available in the Demandbase Database.
How to Identify Records from Microsoft Dynamics
You can identify records synced from Microsoft Dynamics by adding the Source column to any List table.
Here is an example of an account list with Microsoft Dynamics sourced accounts.
Demandbase Data in Microsoft Dynamics
After synchronization, Demandbase custom fields are automatically created in Microsoft Dynamics via an API. See more information at Reference: Demandbase Custom Fields in Microsoft Dynamics.
You can also manually create calculated fields and see additional Demandbase data in Microsoft Dynamics. See instructions on how to create Demandbase Calculated Fields.