The Demandbase Advertising dashboard reports on the activity and performance of your company’s ad campaigns. Roll-up of key data, visualizations, sortable tables, and downloadable reports help you review the metrics that matter in account-based advertising campaigns. Several filters help you hone in on the data set that’s most relevant to your review.
The following steps walk you through the basics of opening and configuring the dashboard not only to focus on specific campaigns, but also to customize the displayed data set for selected campaigns.
For a more detailed explanation of the reported metrics and information about more advanced features on the dashboard, see Campaign Reporting on the Advertising Dashboard.
- From the left navigation bar, go to Advertising.
The Advertising dashboard opens in Campaigns mode.
- Select the date range of ad campaign activity and budget that you want to see on the dashboard (top right of page).
- From the Campaign status drop-down list, select the status for the type of campaigns you want to review.
- (Optional) From the Label drop-down list, select one or more labels to show campaigns with those labels applied in the Campaigns tab. Selecting multiple labels allows you to find campaigns with any of the selected labels applied.
Tip: To add labels to a campaign in the Campaigns tab, hover over it and click the plus icon. For more information, see Adding Campaign Labels to Campaigns.
- From the View by: drop-down list in the Summary tab, select Accounts or Domains to indicate if you want to see data on the account or domain level. See How Demandbase Targets Accounts Using Domains to learn more about the relationship between accounts and domains.
Tip: If you already see information reported in the Summary tab, the numbers are based on selections in the Campaigns tab.
- Select the checkboxes in the Campaigns tab for the campaigns that you want to review.
Tip: You might need to scroll down see the tab and its table. Each row of the table displays key metrics that can help inform your selection decisions. The data from these campaign selections roll up into the Summary, Publishers, and Creatives tabs above.
- Select the Current or Lifetime Audience drop-down list setting that you want:
- Lifetime audience includes reporting on every account that was served at least one impression during the selected campaign(s) or is currently on the account list.
- Current audience returns data for accounts on your list that are currently targeted by the selected campaign(s).
- Review the cumulative metrics about your selected campaigns in the Summary, Publishers, and/or Creatives tabs, which you can click directly above the Cumulative Performance cards. When you hover over a metric, a tooltip appears that explains how the metric is calculated. Here is an example:
- Click the Domains tab to view detailed information about the campaigns that you selected in the Campaigns tab. Metrics for domains and accounts reached by your selected campaigns appear as cards on top of the Domains tab and in the rows of the tab’s table.
Important: Data in the Domains tab table is only reported by domain and doesn’t include an account breakdown.
From the Domains tab, you can:
- Hover over a card until a question mark appears to view a description of each metric.
- Click a card to filter the rows of the table so that only the Domain names that are pertinent to the card’s metric are displayed.
- Toggle between domains and accounts for each metric with the View by: drop-down list in the Summary tab.
- (Optional) Click Edit Columns at the bottom of the window to customize the display of table columns in the Campaigns or Domains tab table. In the Edit Column Fields to Display window that opens:
- Use the Select drop-down list and select columns to display to add a column.
- Click the minus icon to remove a column.
- Click the lock icon to “freeze” a column. This forces the table to display the column on the left side regardless of scrolling actions.
- Click on a column and drag it to the new location to rearrange the order of columns.
Tip: See Navigating the Advertising Campaigns Dashboard (Video) for a walk-through of how to access and use the Campaigns dashboard.
To learn more about the different dimensions of ad campaigns that you can review, see Campaign Reporting on the Advertising Dashboard.