To get up and running with the Demandbase Salesforce Lite integration, connect Demandbase with your instance of Salesforce. As with the standard Demandbase Salesforce integration, the Lite integration offers SSO authentication to enable the optional Pardot integration. See Integrate Pardot and Demandbase for more information.
Demandbase's Lite integration connects to your Salesforce instance through a dedicated Salesforce user profile. Unlike the standard integration, the Lite integration does not require the Connected App (the Salesforce AppExchange Package).
Other differences between Demandbase's standard and Lite integrations include:
- The Lite integration is read-only from the Salesforce instance. It does not write-back.
- Unlike the standard integration, the Lite integration does not require an SFDC Admin account to set up the integration.
- Certain features in the platform that involve write-backs are not supported. This includes Demandbase Calculated Fields and certain write-back Actions.
As with the standard integration, the Lite integration supports the following:
- The ability to create Account, Opportunity, and People lists from a Salesforce report url or Salesforce view.
- The ability to view, analyze, and take action on the integrated data set.
- The ability to set a data sync frequency for incremental updates from Salesforce to Demandbase. Upon integration setup, route to the data sync settings page to modify these settings.
- Important: As a best practice, we highly recommend that you create a dedicated Salesforce API user profile that Demandbase can use to synchronize with via the Salesforce API. This practice makes it much easier to update, than if the dedicated Salesforce user profile is an employee who leaves or changes roles. See the Salesforce documentation for how to Create a Secure Salesforce API User.
- You must have Admin privileges within Salesforce and Demandbase.
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Demandbase-Wide Settings > Integrations.
- Click Create Data Source and select Salesforce under CRM.
- Select the Salesforce Lite radio button.
- (Optional) To add a Salesforce Pardot integration along with the Salesforce setup, enter the Pardot Business Unit ID.
Important: Demandbase supports the new Salesforce SSO for Pardot User authentication standard described in this Salesforce article: Pardot User Migration FAQ.
- (Optional) Toggle off Sync Currency Fields to disable syncing currency specific data. The option is enabled by default and syncs currency data to support Analytics and Opportunities driven features.
- Click Save.
- In the Salesforce sign in window, log in to the Salesforce instance you want Demandbase to connect to.
- After successful authentication, Demandbase starts verifying permissions for required and optional Salesforce Objects. If permission for a required object cannot be verified, check the permissions of the corresponding Salesforce instance. For more information on permissions, see Best Practices: Salesforce Permissions.
- Click Create after Demandbase verifies all required permissions.
- After successfully completing these steps, the Lite integration is set up and data starts syncing. Data is processed after the initial sync and available in the customer database according to the schedules described in Understanding Demandbase Data Availability.
- The same Data Sync status that are available with the standard integration are available with the Lite integration.
- The Lite integration includes features such as viewing Salesforce data in the Database and Creating Lists with Salesforce Reports or Views.