The Fields page allows Administrators to see and understand what data Demandbase pulls into the Database.
Review the following articles:
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Analytics > Fields.
- (Optional) To find specific fields, use the following filters at the top of the page:
- Field Type
- Active or Inactive
- Favorite or Not favorite
- Tracking or Not Tracking (Whether to track and display the field value changes in the Demandbase Database Activity Logs.)
- To see more detail about each field, do the following:
- Hover over the Object icon, to see the object type.
- Hover over the Source icon to see the field's source.
Tip: Hover over the Merged Sources icon to see its multiple sources. Demandbase prioritizes merged field data in the following order:
2. Marketing Automation System
3. CSV Data Import
4. Demandbase Database
See Understanding Fields for more on working with fields throughout Demandbase.
- The Field Type shows the type of data a field contains (String, Date, Text, Boolean, etc). Each Demandbase field type may represent multiple field types from integrated systems. For example both the Salesforce currency and number fields are combined and represented as a Demandbase number field type.
- To disable fields from displaying in Demandbase (in drop-down lists, Selectors, Analytics, Journeys, Segments, and Personalization), toggle Active off.
Tip: When you toggle a field with multiple sources on or off (merged sources), you can only toggle one source at a time. Such a field is represented multiple times: once as a product of its merged source and once for each of the individual sources. You cannot toggle the merged field on and off, only its individual sources.
- To make a field a favorite, click the Favorite icon.
Tip: Favorited fields are prioritized above other fields in various areas of Demandbase, such as Filters and Selectors. Favorited fields have a star next to them throughout Demandbase.
- To track and display the activity date in the Activity Log for each object, toggle Track Field Value Change on.
Tip: To see the activity date, from the left navigation bar, go to Database > Accounts, select an account, and click the Activity log tab.