The Fields page allows Administrators to see and understand what data we pull into Demandbase.
You may want to familiarize yourself with:
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Analytics > Fields.
- To find specific fields, use the filters at the top of the page:
Object: Account, Opportunity, or Person
Field Type: Boolean (True or False), Currency, Date, Datetime, Double (decimal), Email, Integer (number), Long (too long for Integer), Percent, Picklist (from a list of permissible values), String (text), URL
Source: Dynamics Lists, Contact, or Lead; CSV, Demandbase, DomainDB, Eloqua Contact, Hubspot Contact, Marketo Lead, Pardot Prospect, Salesforce Account, Contact, Lead, or Opportunity
Active or Inactive
Favorite or Not favorite
Tracking or Not Tracking. Whether to track and display the field value changes in the Demandbase Database Activity Logs.
- You can see more detail about each field.
Object: To see if it is an Account, Opportunity, or Person, roll over the icon.
Source: To see a field’s source, roll over the icon wherever you see them throughout Demandbase. Roll over the Merge icon to see its multiple sources.
To help identify the kind of data source(s) a field has, we provide context, tooltips, and source icons (in Selectors, and Tables) throughout Demandbase.
Demandbase prioritizes merged field data based on the source for a given record in the following order:
2. Data Import CSV files (can be used to add and update records into the Database)
Any Salesforce data would override CSV data, and any Data Import CSV data would override Demandbase data.
See Understanding Fields for more on working with fields throughout Demandbase.
Field Type: Shows the type of data a field contains (String, Date, Text, Boolean, etc). Each Demandbase field type may represent multiple field types from integrated systems. For example both the Salesforce currency and number fields are combined and represented as a Demandbase number field type.
- To disable fields from displaying in Demandbase (in drop-down lists, Selectors, Analytics, Journeys, Segments, and Personalization), toggle the Active field on or off.
When you toggle a field with multiple sources on or off (merged sources), you can only toggle one source at a time. Such a field is represented multiple times: once as a product of its merged source and once for each of the individual sources. You cannot toggle the merged field on and off, only its individual sources.
In the following example, Billing City has a merged field, indicated by the Merged icon. Underneath the Merged version, it's shown coming from each of its sources, Demandbaseand then Salesforce. You can toggle them on or off. For example, if you prefer to see the Salesforce Billing City for a record and not the Demandbase Billing City, you can inactivate the Demandbase version.
When you toggle them off, you'll see the results throughout Demandbase with its remaining source(s), in places such as in Selectors.
- To make a field a favorite, click the heart icon. Favorite fields are prioritized above other fields in other areas of Demandbase, such as Filters and Selectors. Favorited fields have a star next to them throughout Demandbase.
- To track and display the Activity Date in the Activity Log for each object type in the Demandbase Database (Account, Person, Opportunity, or Activity), select Track Field Value Change. For example, from the left navigation bar, go to Database > Accounts and click into an account. Click the Activity Log tab to see the Activity Date.