This article describes the steps for setting up an Email Service Account in Exchange (Microsoft). For more information, see Understanding Email Service Accounts and Exchange Details for your IT Team.
- Sign in to your Office365 Administrator account at https://admin.microsoft.com.
- Click the App Launcher icon in the top left-hand corner and then click Admin.
- Click Users from the left-hand sidebar.
- Click Active Users from the sub-menu.
- Click Add Users.
- Create a user with the following details:
- First Name: Demandbase
- Last Name: Service-Account
- Username: demandbase-service-account
- Password Settings: Let me create the password (Generate a strong password and make note of it.)
- Uncheck Require this user to change their password when they first sign in.
- Click Next to continue.
- Select the Assign user a product license option and click Next to continue.
- Accept the default values on the Optional settings page and click Next to continue.
- Review the assigned settings and click Finish Adding to create the service account user.
- Assign the Exchange permissions to your service account.
- Expand the Admin Center menu and click Exchange.
- In the new Exchange admin center dashboard window that opens, click permissions from the left-hand side menu.
- Click the + sign to add a New Role Group.
- Name: User Impersonate
- Description: Allow this user to impersonate other user's mailboxes for Demandbase service account.
- Write Scope: Default
- Role: Click the + sign and add ApplicationImpersonation.
- Members: Click the + sign and add the demandbase-service-account user
- Click Save.
- Configure Service Account for Specific Users or Groups of Users.
To configure the service account for specific users or groups of users, see the Microsoft documentation, otherwise skip to Step 8.
- Add your service account to Demandbase.
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Platform > Email Service Account.
- Click Connect Service Account.
- Click Login with Exchange.
- Enter the email address for the Email Service Account.
- Enter the password for the Email Service Account.
- Grant the requested permissions.
- Click Yes to stay signed in.