The Demandbase Salesforce integration and Lead-to-Account (L2A) engine matches your Salesforce Leads to the correct Salesforce Account. You can convert your lead records to the contact records associated with the matched account. You can do this manually or let Demandbase do it automatically.
This process matches all past and future leads to their respective accounts where the data exists.
- You must have Admin privileges in Salesforce and Demandbase.
- Leads must be part of a target account to show up on a report.
- Choose between manual conversion or automatic conversion.
Steps: Match Fields in Salesforce
Before you can convert leads to contacts, you must map a few leads to contact fields. This prevents losing data associated with the leads.
- In Salesforce, click Set Up at the top.
- Enter lead in the Search field and select Fields in the Leads section.
- Click Map Lead Fields.
- Use the drop-down lists to match relevant fields. Some examples are shown below, for the the full list of Demandbase lead fields available to match, see Step 4: Add Demandbase Fields to Salesforce.
Steps: Manual Lead-to-Contact Conversion
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Lead Matching > Lead Matching Report.
- Select Unmatched from the Match Status filter at the top of the page and select the leads to convert to contacts.
- Click the down arrow next to Unmatch and select Convert to Contact.
- Click OK in the confirmation window.
Steps: Automatic Lead-to-Contact Conversion
- From the left navigation bar, go to Database > Accounts > Account List.
- Select an account list and and click on the account that you want to convert leads to accounts for.
- On the Detail tab, toggle on the Auto-Convert Leads to Contacts in Salesforce.
- Since lead-to-contact conversion is irreversible, Demandbase asks you to complete a confirmation dialog to ensure that enabling this setting is intentional. To answer the question, enter the number of leads currently on the list.
Within Salesforce: Leads are converted within Salesforce.
Within Demandbase: Matching Leads appear as Contacts within Demandbase after the next nightly sync.
By default, Demandbase syncs Leads every 5 minutes. You can adjust this setting from the Data Sync Setting page.
After leads sync from Salesforce, it can take 10-30 minutes for matching to occur in Demandbase, depending on the volume of changes with leads. When matching occurs, Demandbase updates the Matched Account field on the Lead. This updates can be viewed on the Fields page.