When measuring website engagement for your website, you can limit campaign reporting to activity on your product pages. For example, you can exclude activity from your website's careers page.
The inclusion/exclusion page filters help you focus on campaign insights from particular domains or sections of your website. You enter a URL string or group of URLs, such as a descriptor or top-level domain used in all the URLs that you want to include or exclude from your campaign reporting. You can also save your filters for reuse later.
Important: If you use an inclusion filter, the Campaigns dashboard only reports on the metrics from pages that have URL strings matching your filter criteria.
Tip: You can use inclusion filters to exclude data from pages unrelated to your campaign analysis. Let’s say work at Acme Corporation, which has five different products. You manage an ad campaign for the their bells product. All of the pages that have bell in the URL are relevant to your campaign analysis. By setting the inclusion filter to Contains bell, you have a filter that excludes data from other pages.
You must have access to the Demandbase Advertising.
- From the left navigation bar, go to Advertising and click More at the top right of the Campaigns dashboard.
- Toggle on Inclusion Pages or Exclusion Pages to enable the filter.
- Click the first drop-down list to select the operator that applies to the position of the URL string in your filter: Contains, Begins With, or Ends With.
- Enter part or all of the URL string or strings that you want to include or exclude from campaign reporting in the second field.
- (Optional) To use more than one parameter in the filter, click + Add more.
- (Optional) To save the filter that you've defined:
a. Click Save filter. (Save filter is enabled after you’ve chosen at least one operator and one URL string for it.)
b. Enter a name for the filter.
c. Click Save & Apply.
- If you didn't save the filter, click Apply Filter.
After you apply the filter, the Campaigns dashboard only reports on account activity on the web pages with URLs that match the filter criteria. When a filter is applied to the dashboard, a number appears in the More button.
If you saved the filter, it appears in the Saved filters drop-down list on top of the dashboard. The filter remains in the drop-down list so you don’t need to recreate the filter.
To remove saved filters applied to the Campaigns dashboard, do the following:
- Click More at the top right of the Campaigns dashboard.
- Hover over the number by the Inclusion/Exclusion line until the number changes to the word Clear.
- Click Clear.
- Click Apply Filter.
The filter is removed. If you saved the filter, it remains in the Saved filters drop-down list. You can delete the filter by hovering over the filter name in the drop-down list and clicking the delete icon .