When you create an Automation, you can add an action to convert matched Leads to Contacts in Salesforce. This action allows you to automate the process to convert Salesforce Lead records matched to an Account to Contact records for that Account. See Understanding Lead to Account Matching.
The actions you can add depend on the member type (Account or Person) selected for an Automation. See Automation Actions.
You must have Admin privileges or be assigned to a permission set with the required access to use Demandbase Orchestration.
Demandbase Salesforce Integration
- From the left navigation bar, go to Orchestration > Automations.
- Click Create New to create a new Automation or click the name of an existing Automation.
- Click the Actions tab and click the plus icon.
Tip: You can add multiple actions to an Automation. If an Automation already has an action added, click + Add Action to add another action.
- In the Add Action window, select the CRM tab and click Convert Lead to Contact.
- In the window that opens, enter the following:
- Assigned Contact Owner: Select the Salesforce account owner associated with the Contacts.
- Converted Status: Select the status to assign the converted Contacts.
- Notification: Select the checkbox to email the Salesforce account owner about converted Contacts.
- Click Save.
When the Automation runs, Demandbase identifies people that meet the Selector criteria and converts the Lead records matched to an Account to Contact records for that Account.
Click the Scheduler tab to set up the schedule and frequency for the Automation to run.