You may already know that, before visitors even fill out a form on your website, Demandbase can identify their interest in your product or service (see Understanding Intent). However, in addition, when they do visit and fill out a form, Demandbase can obtain additional information about the visitors to your site based on our extensive account data and firmographics.
Customers may find the typical form to be too detailed, so they’ll avoid filling it out. Demandbase Forms Enrichment enables you to request less information from the visitor, reducing their resistance to filling out the form, while enhancing your understanding of the account.
A form on your website might seem very short with only Name, Email, and Company, but in the background, Demandbase passes detailed location and firmographics information to your internal system. Demandbase uses IP-API (Application Programming Interface) to enable requests for data and responses between the customer’s IP address and your internal system. Demandbase enables you to define the information you would like to receive in addition to what your customers fill out on the form.
Use cases for the additional data include:
- Determining what the best marketing campaign is for each market segment
- Using the right approach to move accounts from one journey stage to another
- Making sure a MAS (Marketing Automation System) can receive the most promising leads
You can configure Demandbase Forms to work with any Marketing Automation System or web form manager, including Marketo, Eloqua, and Pardot.
Note: Our self-serve system below handles a single form to collect a single set of data. If you have multiple forms on a webpage, multiple enrichments to collect different sets of data, a special custom form, or you are feeding information into Pardot, we can do that. Contact your account team to work with you to set up the integration. For example, Demandbase will work with you to create a custom code for the project for multiple forms on the same webpage. See Enrich Multiple Forms on One Page.
- Ensure a Demandbase Tag is deployed globally across your website
- Read Understanding Forms Visitor Identification
- Read Understanding Forms
- Create a Test Form with Email before Company field
- Your Web developer can Add hidden fields to your test form for the Demandbase attributes to feed into.
- Decide which Demandbase firmographic attributes you want to collect on the form
- Know the HTML ID or Name for the company and email fields that your website visitors fill in
- Know the HTML ID or Name for each of the fields you want Demandbase to populate
- From the left navigation bar, go to Personalization > Forms Enrichment, click Create New and enter an Enrichment Name.
- Select the Configuration tab if necessary.
- In the General section, do the following:
- Enter the Test Form URL for the test page you created. Demandbase uses this page to verify that the form enrichment works as expected. See Create a Test Form. When you test this page successfully, you’ll be able to copy and paste the code to other pages.
- Enter the HTML ID or Name of the Email Field I.D. where your visitors will enter their email address. The name of your forms email field where your visitor enters their email address. The Demandbase tag looks for this name, which triggers the ip-api when the form is submitted.
- Select an API Priority. API Priority determines how Demandbase identifies the visitor filling out your form. See Understanding Forms.
- Email: The default and typically the most accurate method, because the domain identifies the user's company.
- IP address: Not as accurate, because users may be working from home, so we often can't tell if it's a personal IP address or a company IP address. However, Demandbase has many techniques and a large amount of data to increase the accuracy of the identification.
- In the Attributes section, select the Demandbase attributes to capture. Demandbase provides you with over 40 firmographic attributes that you can collect about company traffic coming to your site. For a full list, see Reference: Firmographics Attributes Overview for Demandbase IP-API.
Here are some of the most commonly used attributes:
- Demandbase SID
- Company Name
- Country Name
- Sub Industry
- Revenue Range
- Employee Range
- Data Source
- Web Site
- Click the Review and Activate tab. When you’re satisfied with the Configurations, click Activate. The Demandbase implementation team will get in touch with you shortly for any clarifying questions or further communication. The team will work with you to make sure all the parameters are passed to your testing URL. With your final confirmation, the team will make the configuration live.
If you mapped attributes to these field, the form captures data in addition to what your visitor enters.
If you created hidden fields in your html and mapped attributes to them, they display in your HTML console.
Click the Change history tab to see Change Date, Change Description, and Changed by.
To modify your forms enrichment, open it from the Forms Enrichment page, make your changes, and activate it again. Activation notifies the Support team for modifications, instead of your account team.