This guide provides instructions on how to send Demandbase data to Acquia Lift Personalization.
You must have a paid Acquia Lift license.
You must have Admin privileges in Demandbase.
You have the Demandbase tag deployed on your website.
- Create a custom Demandbase_loaded event in your Tag Manager.
- Map each Demandbase attribute you want to pass to Lift as a separate variable in the Tag Manager. The data layer variable should match the attribute returned from Demandbase.
- Set up your Lift script in the Tag Manager to trigger from the previously created Demandbase_loaded event. This ensures Demandbase data is passed to the site prior to Acquia Lift running. For information on available variables, see article in Acquia.
- Within the script, map the Demandbase attributes (previously created as variables in the Tag Manager) to the individual UDF fields in Lift. These can be person, touch, or event UDF fields.
- To set up UDF fields in Lift, log in to Acquia Profile Manager. From the admin screen, go to Configure > Column Meta Data. Click Add new column meta data at the top left of the screen.
- Fill out the form to receive the data that will be passed from Demandbase into Lift.
Important: The Table + Accessor combination chosen below matches the UDF field defined in your script. For example, Person table + UDF 11 is mapped to person_udf11 in the Lift tag manager script.
To use this data for segmentation, check the Segmentable option and fill out that section of the form. Once configured, your site can pull Demandbase data into Lift Personalization in real-time.