You can use self-serve Advertising to identify people with certain job levels, job functions, or work personas who you want to reach in an ad campaign. You establish the key attributes in Step 4: Strategy of the Campaign Builder. The Demandbase DSP then targets these users and bids higher to place your ad impression in front of people who match the traits of the attributes that you’ve selected.
Tip: Read People-Based Advertising to understand how job level, job function, and persona targeting function–and to learn how Known Contacts targeting can supplement your people-based ad strategy.
Like Known Contacts advertising, job level, job function, and persona targeting are optional features of a campaign.
Unlike Known Contacts advertising, job level and job function reporting is displayed on the Campaign Details page even if you skip job level, job function, or persona configuration when you build a campaign.
Demandbase offers the following choices for job level attribute traits in a drop-down list:
- Senior Executive
- Vice President
- Other/Individual Contributor
- Board Member
Demandbase offers the following choices for job function attribute traits in a drop-down list:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Development
- Construction Engineering
- Customer Support
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Investment Management
- Operations & Administration
- Purchasing & Procurement
- Quality Assurance
- Research & Development
- Safety & Security
Important: You can’t change or add job function, job level, or persona targeting attributes of a campaign after you publish it.
Completion of Step 1 through Step 3 of the Campaign Builder. See Build an Advertising Campaign for details.
Access to Demandbase Advertising, with self-serve functionality enabled.
- In Step 4: Strategy of the Campaign Builder, click the + sign by Job level, Job Function, or Persona to specify the attribute that you want to configure. You might need to scroll down to bring the entire People based targeting (optional) section of the page into view.
- Click the drop-down lists to select the specific traits of each attribute that you want to activate for the campaign. Note that you don’t need to click the radio buttons to activate or remove attribute settings.
- When you are done with configuring the Step 4: Strategy page, click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
After the campaign is launched, we’ll prioritize delivering your ads to the people on the Account List who match your any targeting selection for job level traits, job function traits, or both types of attribute traits. See Analyze People-Based Advertising Campaign Results for how to review the campaign performance.