If you want to target an ad campaign to specific Contacts and Leads in your Account List, you can set up people-based advertising for Known Contacts. A Known Contact has a record in the People Database of Demandbase, which must include the individual’s email address.
We recommend creating a separate Person List for each campaign that runs with Known Contacts advertising. While the Person List associated with a campaign can’t be changed or removed after a campaign is published, you can change the Selector criteria for the list at any time. With a separate Person List for each campaign, you’ll have the capability to change the criteria for targeted Known Contacts of a campaign without inadvertently changing the targeting criteria of other campaigns that don’t need the modification.
Important: In order to view campaign results broken down by Known Contacts, you must complete the steps below. All people-based targeting features are optional for a campaign. when you build or edit a campaign with the Campaign Builder in Advertising Cloud. However, unlike job level, job function, and persona ad performance results, Known Contacts reporting is contingent on manual setup in Step 4: Strategy of the Campaign Builder.
Important: You can’t change or enable Known Contacts targeting attributes of a campaign after you publish it.
- Access to a Person List with at least 100 Known Contacts. See Create Person Lists for People-Based Advertising.
- Completion of Step 1: Identify Campaign through Step 3: Location of the Campaign Builder. See Build an Advertising Campaign for details.
- Access to Advertising Cloud, with self-serve functionality enabled.
1. In Step 4: Strategy of the Campaign Builder, click the + sign by Contacts you already know.
2. Use the Select a person list drop-down menu to choose the Person List that you want to target.
After the campaign is launched, we’ll prioritize delivering your ads to the people on the Account List who are in the Person List you selected. See Analyze People-Based Advertising Campaign Results for how to review the campaign performance.