Important: The availability of some features described in this article depends on your version of Demandbase One. Contact your Demandbase Admin about the features available.
Before digital marketers can target ads to Known Contacts in the Advertising Cloud, Person Lists with the relevant Selectors must be established. You can choose from these options when you develop the list:
- Build a dynamic list based on People Database records that synchronize with Salesforce or a marketing automation system (MAS).
- Create a list that pulls directly from a Salesforce view or report.
To use a Person List in an ad campaign, your Demandbase implementation must have:
- Advertising Cloud, with self-serve Campaign Builder enabled
- Either a CRM or MAS implementation.
You must have access to at least 100 Lead or Contact records that include unique email addresses. A minimum of 100 records in the Person List is required to use the list in people-based advertising.
1. From the left navigation bar, select Database > People > Person Lists > Create new.
2. In the Create a new list window:
a. Enter a name for your Person List.
b. Select an option in the List Type field:
- Dynamic list: This setting allows you to set up a list in which you can select People records from the Demandbase tenant. After you create a Dynamic list, it updates as people fit or don’t fit the Selector criteria that you'll establish later in this procedure.
- SFDC report: If you have Salesforce integrated with Demandbase and want to create a Person List from a Salesforce report, select this option to import the Contacts and Leads from the report. Then select the report name in the Select Report drop-down menu.
- SFDC view: If you have Salesforce integrated with Demandbase and want to create a Person List from a Salesforce view, select this option to import the Contacts and Leads from the view. Then select the view name in the Select View drop-down menu.
c. Select the access level in the Visibility drop-down menu:
- Public: Visible to everyone in your company.
- Private: Visible only to the creator of the list and any Demandbase users with an Admin role.
d. Click Create list.
3. Click Selector > Advanced in the Person List page that’s created. See Working with Selectors if you need information about how to use Selectors.
4. Define Selectors for the Person List to focus your targeting to the relevant audience. Although you can associate any Person List with a campaign, we strongly recommend that you include Account List and Email Address as Selectors. Using these two Selectors allows you to see how many people will be targeted.
a. Filter by Account List: Choose Member of List in the Commonly Used Fields section of the Selectors > set operator to In > select an Account List that you want to target in the drop-down list.
b. Filter by Email Address Availability: Choose Email in Person Fields section of the Selectors > set operator to Exists. A personal email address in a record is what qualifies the individual as a Known Contact.
c. (Optional) Filter by more detailed personal information that’s available in the People database: Assign Person Field Selectors to the Person List. Some examples of possible Selectors that can help target people in your advertising campaign are:
- Job Function
Important: The final Person List must contain at least 100 people records to be usable in People-Based Advertising. Click the refresh icon as you add Selectors to calculate the total number of people who meet your Person List criteria.
5. Click Save.
6. Click the List tab to do the following:
a. Verify that at least 100 rows populate your newly created Person List.
b. View the records of people who can be targeted if you choose this Person List in the Campaign Builder.
Your new list is a row in the table of the Person Lists page. In the Campaign Builder of the Advertising Cloud, you can choose the list for people-based targeting. See People-Based Advertising: Known Contacts.