Once you install Demandbase Attribution, you'll notice your dashboards are pre-filtered for the out-of-the-box journey stages for the Account, Opportunity and Person journey. However, you can create custom stages to report on in the out-of-the-box dashboards.
- In Salesforce, go to the Attribution Dashboards folder.
- Click the dashboard you want to edit with your custom stage. For this example, we’ll use the MQA Impact Dashboard - LIGHTNING.
- Edit the stage filtering:
a. Click each underlying report component of the dashboard. The dashboard often uses the same report component multiple times. Update only the unique report components connected to the dashboard. Watch the report source link to identify which components to update:
b. After you click the report component, click Edit to edit the report stage filtering.
c. Change the To Journey Stage filtering to reflect the stage to view in the dashboard, for example, Meeting.
d. Save the report.
- Continue the To Journey Stage filter update for all unique report components in the dashboard. You want all report components to be filtered for the same stage (for example, Meeting vs. MQA) moving forward.
- Remove the attribution fields filtered for the old stage value and include the new stage value attribution fields. For example, if you see the MQA (FT) fields in the report, you would replace them with Meeting (FT).
a. If you need to create new fields, see Add New Stage Attribution Fields to Attribution.
b. Make sure the fields are summarized in the report, so you can pull them into the report components.
- Go back to the dashboard and pull in the new attribution fields to display in the dashboard view:
a. Click on the pencil icon for the report component you are updating and then select the correct attribution field for each component. If the MQA (Minutes) field was previously displayed, make sure to select the Minutes field to replace it in the dashboard view:
b. Click Update.
c. Repeat for all applicable attribution report components.
d. Save the dashboard.
- Edit the component titles to reflect the correct stage:
a. Go back to the Dashboard and click Edit.
b. Click the pencil icon in the top right hand corner of each report component.
c. Find the Title section.
d. Update the title to reflect the new stage name:
e. Click Update.
f. Save the dashboard.
g. Repeat for all report components with the old stage name included in the titles.
- Edit the Dashboard's title to reflect the correct stage:
a. Click the pencil icon next to the dashboard title.
b. Edit the old stage value to reflect the name of the new stage value:
- Save the dashboard.
If you have any questions on how to further edit dashboards or reports, you can find more information here: Salesforce Help: Reports and Dashboards.