The geoselector tool in Step 3: Location of the Campaign Builder enables you to target ads based on geographic location of your account audience. This tool allows you to select from the following parameters in the Geotargeting type drop-down list:
- International region or group of regions—available international regions are:
- Europe only
- Asia-Pacific countries (APAC)
- Europe, Middle East, Africa countries (EMEA)
- Latin America (LATAM)
- North America (NA)
- Specific country or group of countries
- Specific U.S. state or group of states
See Reference: Directory of Geotargeting Regions and Countries for a complete listing of countries that make up each global region and definitions of the country codes that appear in the geoselector tool.
The Map view by the geoselector tool highlights your selections for quick visualization of your potential ad reach.
Access to these Demandbase solutions:
- Engagement Platform
- Self-serve Advertising
Steps: Select Geotargeting Parameters for a New Campaign
- If you’re not in the Campaign Builder, select Advertising in the left navigation bar > click +New campaign in the upper left corner of the Advertising home page.
- Complete Step 1: Identify Campaign and Step 2: Budget & Schedule of the Campaign Builder.
- Select an entry in the Geotargeting type drop-down list.
- If you selected any other entry besides Global, define the specific area to target by selecting the region(s), country or countries, or U.S. states in the Select a region drop-down menu. Note that a US only parameter is available in the regions drop-down list so that you can combine it with international regions.
- Click Continue.
Steps: Change or View Geotargeting Parameters of a Saved Campaign
- Go to the Advertising home page, where the Campaigns tab appears in the lower part of the screen.
- Hover over the Campaign Name listing that you want to inspect until you see a blue cogwheel to the right of the name.
- Click the cogwheel, and select Settings. On the right side of the window, you can view existing location settings and can click the Edit link to change the geotargeting parameters.
If I want to target Canada and selected U.S. states, is that possible in a single campaign?
No, you can’t target a country and a selection of individual U.S. states in the same campaign.
If I want to target only European countries instead of the whole EMEA region, is there an easy way to do this?
After you specify Region as Geotargeting type, you can select Europe only in the Select a region drop-down list.
If I select multiple countries or regions, will the campaign reporting in the Advertising Cloud be broken out this way?
No, the campaign reporting for impressions, clicks, and CTR is based on all targeted locations. The onsite (post-click) metrics are at the global/domain level.
Can I get reporting broken out by my geotargeting settings?
Contact your Demandbase Customer Success Manager (CSM) if you need reporting broken out by account location.
Does the tool allow me to select different targeted parameters for different accounts within my account list?
No. If you want to have different geotargeting for different accounts, you’ll need to set up multiple account lists by the locations you want to target.