Adding actions to change data values in an Automation is a great way to store a point in time value in another field for an account or person. Tokens make this possible by allowing you to write the value from one field to another field. For example, you can use tokens to store an account’s total Engagement Minutes when a new business opportunity opens. You can also use tokens to store the date and time when an account’s status changes to Working.
To use tokens, add the Change Account Data or Change Person Data action to an Automation and select the Token option. When the Automation runs, Demandbase finds the accounts or people that meet the Selector criteria and changes the data values based on the fields you selected.
Tip: You can also use tokens when you take action to change data values.
For actions to change account data, Demandbase changes the value for the selected Account Field to the value for the selected New Field Value.
For actions to change person data, Demandbase changes the value for the selected Lead/Contact Field to the value for the selected New Field Value.
When you use tokens to change data values, the following requirements apply to the field that Demandbase writes to:
- The field cannot be a Marketing Automation only field.
- It must be editable by the Demandbase sync user in Salesforce.
- It must be a person field to write from another person field.
- It must be an account field to write from another account field.
- The field cannot be multi-select picklist or formula type fields in Salesforce.
- It must be active in Demandbase.
- The field cannot be the same as the field you selected to write from.
- It must be the same field type, or able to accept the same field type as the one you selected to write from. For example, string fields can be changed to a value from a date or integer field. However, date fields can only be changed to a value from another date field.
- It must be from the same source as the field you want to write data from. For example, you can only write the value from a Salesforce field to another Salesforce field.