To get up and running with Salesforce Lite, connect Salesforce Lite and Demandbase. As with Salesforce, Salesforce Lite offers SSO authentication to enable optional Pardot integration.
Demandbase connects to your Salesforce Lite instance through a dedicated Salesforce user. Unlike the standard Salesforce integration, Salesforce Lite does not require the Connected App (the Salesforce AppExchange Package).
Other Differences with Salesforce Lite as compared to a Salesforce integration include:
- Salesforce Lite is “read-only” from the Salesforce instance. It does not write-back.
- Unlike a full Salesforce integration, Salesforce-Lite does not require an SFDC Admin account to set up the integration.
- Certain features in the platform that involve write-back are not supported. This includes Demandbase Custom Fields and certain write-back Actions.
- Salesforce Lite does not currently support the Demandbase Packaged App in Salesforce.
As with Salesforce, Salesforce-Lite supports the following:
- The ability to create Account, Opportunity, and People lists from a Salesforce report url or Salesforce view.
- The ability to view, analyze, and take action on the integrated data set.
- The ability to set a data sync frequency for incremental updates from Salesforce to Demandbase. Upon integration setup, route to the data sync settings page to modify these settings.
Important: As a best practice, we highly recommend that you create a dedicated Salesforce API user that Demandbase can use to synchronize with Salesforce via the Salesforce API. This practice makes it much easier to update, than if the dedicated Salesforce user is an employee who leaves or changes roles. See the Salesforce instructions for how to Create a Secure Salesforce API User.
Make sure you have the required permissions. See Best Practices: Salesforce Permissions.
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Demandbase-Wide Settings > Integrations.
- Click Create Data Source.
- Select Salesforce.
- Select the Salesforce Lite radio button.
- (Optional) By default Salesforce data with Currency fields will also be synced. This data is used in the platform to support Analytics and Opportunities driven features. To stop syncing Currency specific data, toggle this setting off.
- (Optional) To add a Salesforce Pardot integration along with Salesforce setup, include the Pardot Business Unit ID.
Note: Demandbase supports the new Salesforce SSO for Pardot User authentication standard described in this Salesforce article: Pardot User Migration FAQ.
- Click Save and it routes through Salesforce to complete the Authentication. To re-authenticate, return to the previously setup integration screen.
After successfully completing these steps Salesforce Lite integration is set up and data starts syncing.
Salesforce features, such as viewing Salesforce data in the Database and Creating Lists with Salesforce Reports or Views are available with Salesforce Lite.
- Understanding Fields > Field Sources section
- Create and Access Account Lists > Create an Account List from a Salesforce Report or Salesforce View section