The Demandbase Salesforce integration and Lead-to-Account (L2A) engine matches your Salesforce Leads to the correct Salesforce Account. You can convert your lead records to the contact records associated with the matched account. You can do this manually or let Demandbase do it automatically.
This process matches all past and future leads to their respective accounts where the data exists.
- Admin access to Salesforce.
- Leads must be part of a target account to show up on a report.
- You must map a few leads to contact fields in Salesforce:
Before you can convert leads to contacts, you must map a few leads to contact fields. This prevents losing data associated with the leads.
- In Salesforce, click Set Up at the top.
- Enter lead in the Search field and select Fields in the Leads section.
- Click Map Lead Fields.
- Use the drop-down menus to match relevant fields. Here are some examples: The full chart of Demandbase lead fields that are available to match are in Step 4: Add Demandbase Fields to Salesforce.
Choose between manual conversion or automatic conversion.
Steps: Manual Lead-to-Contact Conversion
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Lead Matching > Lead Matching Report.
- Filter by Match Status > Unmatched and select the leads that you want to convert to contacts.
- Click on the down arrow next to Unmatch and choose Convert to Contact.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog.
Steps: Automatic Lead-to-Contact Conversion
- From the left navigation bar, go to Database, select Account Lists, and click on the account that you want to convert leads to accounts for.
- On the Detail tab, toggle on the Auto-Convert Leads to Contacts in Salesforce.
- Because lead-to-contact conversion is irreversible, Demandbase asks you to complete a confirmation dialog to ensure that enabling this setting is intentional. To answer the question, enter the number of leads currently on the list.
Within Salesforce: Leads are converted within Salesforce.
Within Demandbase: Matching Leads appear as Contacts within Demandbase after the next nightly sync.
By default, Demandbase syncs Leads from Salesforce every 5 minutes. You can adjust this setting at Settings > Demandbase-Wide Settings > Data Sync Settings. (See Data Sync Settings.) After leads are synced from Salesforce, it can take 10-30 minutes to be matched in Demandbase One, depending on the volume of changes with leads. When matching occurs, Demandbase updates the Matched Account field on the Lead. (See, for example, Database > Analytics > Fields).
To manage the accounts you have matched or tried to match, go to Settings > Lead Matching > Lead Matching Report, select the account(s) you would like to update.
- To unmatch a lead to contact, click Unmatch.
- If you tried and were unable to match a lead to an account and would like to try again, select the downward pointing arrow next to Unmatch and click Retry Match.
- If you have accounts that are matched, but unsynced, select the account(s) to try syncing again and click Retry Write to CRM.