Multiple Pipeline Predict Scores allow you to score your accounts according to their fit and interest in your different product offerings. For example, your company may offer more than one product, each with their own go-to-market strategy. You can create multiple Pipeline Predict Scores, one for each product, which score an account’s interest and engagement to each of your products.
With multiple Pipeline Predict scores, your marketing and sales team members are not only able to identify and prioritize accounts that are soon to become net new pipeline opportunities, but they also know which type of opportunity they are likely to become. Your sales team members know the right product areas to focus on before each prospect call, and your marketing team is able to easily build target account lists for campaigns with product-specific messaging.
See also Set Up Multiple Qualification Scores.
- Familiarize yourself with the following concepts:
- Identify product(s) and criteria:
- Identify the product(s) for which you want to build your next Pipeline Predict Score.
- Identify the activities that differentiate interest in each product, such as webinars, campaigns, site pages, and keyword searches. The Pipeline Predict Score uses these as scoring criteria.
- (Optional) Create Activity Segment Group(s):
In step 4, you have 3 options for how to define which activities indicate interest in each of your products. You can:
- Let Demandbase machine learning identify new pipeline activities for you (easiest, but not as specific);
- Input webinars, campaigns, site pages, intent keyword, and other activities one at a time in step 4 (more specific, but not reusable);
- Or, beforehand, prepare an activity segment with a group for each product’s Pipeline Predict Score, which we recommend as a best practice.
When you create activity segment groups, you set yourself up to have a more powerful and consistent segmentation tool across all Demandbase solutions, because you can reuse the same segments for each group in analytics, reports, advertising, and personalization.
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Demandbase-Wide Settings > Predictive Score Setup and click Create new predictive score.
- Enter an appropriate name for your score (for example, the name of the product that the score is for), select Pipeline Predict, and click Next.
The Predictive Score Setup page opens.
- In the Past Opportunities section, add Selectors to filter for the past pipeline opportunities to use to train the new Pipeline Predict Score. Typically, this includes the Selectors used for your original Pipeline Predict Score plus Selectors that apply to the product.
- In the Engagement activities section, add Selectors to filter for engagement activities that the Pipeline Predict Score can use as scoring criteria. As noted previously, you have three options:
- You can leave it blank and let Demandbase use all engagement activities to identify leading indicators of new pipeline opportunities.
- You can add Selectors to filter for engagement activities specific to the product. For example webinars, campaigns, site pages, or intent keywords.
- You can use the activity segment that we recommended creating previously.
To use the activity segment you created, search for its name (in this example, Product Interest) and select the Value for the segment group for the score (in this example, Advertising).
- Click Save and train model.
Tip: Before saving the Pipeline Predict Score, click Refresh to see the number of accounts that meet the Selector criteria you entered.
Your score is visible throughout the platform within 24 hours, including in the Analytics > Account Lists and Accounts Dashboards and in the account selector screens. You can see the top scoring accounts and the products they show interest in. Here’s one example of accounts that show a high probability for Pipeline Predict.
Activity Segment Example
Here’s an example of an activity segment we created for the Demandbase Advertising product. To define which activities show an interest in Demandbase Advertising, we created a new Segment named Product Interest and a Segment Group for each of our products, such as Advertising.
Our Advertising segment group includes all activities that show an interest in our Advertising product, Keyword Intent, Visited Web Page, and Member of Campaign.
After you create an activity segment (such as Product Interest), you can add it as a Selector for engagement activities for your Pipeline Predict Score (Step 4).