- What is Demandbase One?
- Why are you upgrading me from Engagio to Demandbase One?
- Do I have to do any preparation activities prior to the upgrade?
- How long Is the downtime during the upgrade?
- As a customer, are there any manual activities that I need to perform post upgrade to bring the platform back fully into operational mode?
- As a customer, what validation / checklist tasks do I need to perform post upgrade?
- For an existing Engagio account who will upgrade over to the new platform, what will admin and/or individual sellers need to do to make sure their SFDC charts stay on the account page?
- Is there a cost associated with switching over? What if we keep the same level of service/spend?
- What is the new URL for Demandbase One?
- What resources or training will I have access to in order to learn how to use the new features?
- What new features can I expect in the new version?
- Is there a limit to the amount of intent data that will be available with Demandbase Intent? (i.e. top 25 accounts)?
What is Demandbase One?
Demandbase One is the new name for the complete end-to-end ABM solution that combines the best of Engagio and Demandbase. Demandbase One refers to the whole suite of solutions that include these 5 products: ABM Platform, Advertising, Personalization, Orchestration and Attribution. Please note that Advertising, Personalization, Orchestration and Attribution are add-on products that require additional licensing fees.
Why are you upgrading me from Engagio to Demandbase One?
With Demandbase’s acquisition of Engagio earlier this year, we announced that we would be consolidating the two platforms to deliver the most comprehensive ABM platform in the market and bringing together the best of both Engagio and Demandbase. As a result, we will also eventually discontinue support of the existing Demandbase and Engagio platforms over time since we have a limited amount of resources to support multiple platforms. However, we’re confident that upgrading you to Demandbase One will give you everything you love about Engagio plus much more, like the leading AI and machine learning-driven data and applications, proprietary and 3rd party data, intent and account prioritization, account-based web analytics, site personalization and the world’s only B2B advertising platform.
Do I have to do any preparation activities prior to the upgrade?
Our upgrade process and validation is highly automated but there may be a couple of items that will require your attention:
- Please provide your Salesforce Org ID to your Customer Success Manager prior to the upgrade.
- Scout - Inform the Salesforce admin in your organization, if you use Scout, to follow-up on the recommended validation post upgrade.
How long Is the downtime during the upgrade?
We expect this planned downtime to occur over a weekend to minimize any disruption to your business.
As a customer, are there any manual activities that I need to perform post upgrade to bring the platform back fully into operational mode?
Manual activities you will need to do post upgrade are as follows:
- Non-SSO user: Each user in the tenant will be prompted to change his/her password.
- SSO via Okta/SSO portal/Salesforce ID: You will need to configure your Okta / SSO portal or Salesforce ID with the new login URL.
- Authorize sync of account email/calendar activities (applicable only if you are using this feature): Refer to Email Service Accounts for details.
- Chrome extension for sales insights: Once upgraded, users will need to re-login via their Chrome extension, so they are connected to the new platform. Users can re-login using SSO or via non-SSO username/password.
As a customer, what validation / checklist tasks do I need to perform post upgrade?
Demandbase will do its due diligence to ensure the upgrade is successful and will perform the necessary validations. We do recommend that customers perform the following validations on their side to verify their upgrade is successful (recommended, not mandatory):
- Account List dashboard - does it render properly with reasonable data including Quick Cards data?
- Integrations to Salesforce and marketing automation - are they running as scheduled and keeping data up-to-date?
- Salesforce package - are the embedded charts within Salesforce rendering properly on the Account pages?
- Scout Chrome extension - are Scout users able to log in to the Demandbase platform and use Scout?
For an existing Engagio account who will upgrade over to the new platform, what will admin and/or individual sellers need to do to make sure their SFDC charts stay on the account page?
There is no action that the customer needs to take. If they are using the VisualForce components from the Engagio Salesforce package (most customers fall in this bucket), we will push an automatic update to their Salesforce package, at the time of the upgrade to the new platform. If they are using the Chrome browser extension to inject charts, we will also push an update to the browser extension at the time of the upgrade to the new platform.
Is there a cost associated with switching over? What if we keep the same level of service/spend?
Your Demandbase account team will work with you to clarify the translation of your current licensing into the new Demandbase One solution set, but barring any decisions to buy additional add-on products (e.g. Advertising, Personalization, Orchestration or Attribution), there is no cost associated with the upgrade.
What is the new URL for Demandbase One?
The new URL is: https://web.demandbase.com. Please bookmark this URL for future reference.
What resources or training will I have access to in order to learn how to use the new features?
You will be able to find support articles for all features in our Success Center. Additionally, we will create customer training paths for you and hold additional customer office hours to help you get up to speed on the latest features.
What new features can I expect in the new version?
Here’s a list of the new features and add-on products:
- Site Analytics - View website traffic by accounts and by page. See both new and returning accounts and page views over time. Filter for specific channels and campaigns with UTM parameters. This feature replaces Web Traffic.
- Dashboard updates - A number of enhancements have been added to the Account and Account List Dashboards including new KPIs, Deal Story and Highlights. Refer to this article to see the changes.
- Intent - Build “Keyword Sets” to use across the platform to power segmentation and unique use-cases. Keyword Sets give you access to real-time intent data across the internet with words and phrases that you define. You will still have access to Bombora intent.
- Pipeline Predict Score - See every account with a high propensity to become an opportunity within the next 30 days. Minimize lost opportunities and maximize marketing and sales attention to the right accounts.
- Qualification Score - Going beyond firmographics, quantify what truly defines an ideal customer. This score helps you understand the likelihood of an account from ever becoming a customer.
- Advertising (additional license required) - Target your buying committee with Demandbase’s custom built B2B DSP that allows complete control over who, how, and where ad impressions are targeted and delivered to accounts.
- Personalization (additional license required) - Increase your conversion rates by providing personalized website experiences for target accounts.
Is there a limit to the amount of intent data that will be available with Demandbase Intent? (i.e. top 25 accounts)?
There is no limit to the amount of intent data available with Demandbase Intent. Nothing is changing with your Bombora Intent - it will still be available as is.