Demandbase announced the acquisition of both InsideView, the leader in sales and marketing intelligence, and DemandMatrix, the best provider of technographic data and intelligence on May 4th, 2021. To help answer any questions you may have, we encourage you to read the following FAQ which will provide insight into what you, as a Demandbase customer, can expect from this exciting news.
Why did Demandbase buy InsideView and DemandMatrix?
Historically, Demandbase has been a provider of account data through our account identification and intent data offerings. With these acquisitions, we are now able to offer a complete “one-stop-shop” Data Cloud, all under one roof.
With InsideView, we are acquiring the largest and most accurate private provider of B2B firmographic and contact information — and a clear leader in both the recent Forrester Wave: B2B Marketing Data Providers Q2 2021 and the G2 Grid® for Sales Intelligence, and the winner of TrustRadius Top Rated awards in Sales Intelligence Software and Market Intelligence Software.
With DemandMatrix, we are acquiring the best provider for technographics — we know this because our data scientists tested all of them, and found that DemandMatrix not only had the most complete and accurate data, but also their data was often the #1 factor in the Qualification Score for our customers.
Additionally, this move gives additional options for how we work with customers. For example, many larger enterprises want flexibility in how they integrate their go-to-market solutions, and this allows companies to purchase our data directly to integrate to their existing systems. It also gives us new ways to work directly with the Sales department, enhancing our ability to support all teams involved with B2B go-to-market.
What is the product vision for the combined companies?
The new Demandbase Data Cloud is the result of combining Demandbase’s data assets with InsideView and DemandMatrix. The result is the highest quality source of account information available, across the five key aspects of account data:
- Firmographics: Powered by InsideView, firmographic data includes information on over 20 million accounts worldwide, including financials, employee counts, market segments, industries, location, news, and corporate hierarchy information.
- Technographics: Powered by DemandMatrix, technographic data provides insight into a company’s current tech stack and future technology needs.
- Intent: Demandbase has long been a leader in intent data, which uncovers the topics that companies are actively consuming across the web. This is an indicator of an account's level of interest in your company or category, and trends can show when accounts are entering into an active buying cycle.
- Account Identification: Another historic strength of Demandbase, account identification data delivers the ability to identify the account of any visitor on a webpage, which is usually anonymous. Deanonymizing the account is an essential capability to understand engagement, target and personalize account interactions, and measure the impact of account-based efforts.
- Contacts: Powered by InsideView, contact data tells you about the people who work at the accounts, consisting of information such as name, function, job level, title, contact information (including phone), employment history, location, and social networks.
The Data Cloud also includes Data Integrity, powered by InsideView, a customer data management solution that continuously cleans, monitors, and unifies CRM data with the most reliable, up-to-date information.
InsideView also brings additional Sales Intelligence capabilities to Demandbase, which will serve as the basis for the new Sales Intelligence Cloud, which helps Sales Execs and SDRs find the right prospects, engage with relevant insights, and win bigger deals, faster.
With this move, Demandbase moves from being “just” a leader in account-based programs to providing a complete suite of B2B go-to-market solutions. The Demandbase One B2B Go-To-Market Suite now consists of four connected clouds:
- Account-Based Experience (ABX) Cloud
- Advertising Cloud
- Data Cloud
- Sales Intelligence Cloud
What are the benefits of the acquisition for Demandbase customers?
Customers of Demandbase already have access to technographics powered by DemandMatrix in the Engagement Platform. Going forward, we will add additional options for exporting technographics via Data Stream.
As we move forward with the integration, InsideView firmographics will seamlessly replace our existing firmographics vendor, giving customers better accuracy and more fine-grained industry information. Engagement Platform customers will also be able to see improved contact “whitespace”, e.g., recommendations for contacts they are missing in their database. Finally, customers will be able to purchase credits to add accounts and contacts to their CRM.
Demandbase customers will also be able to purchase additional products, including:
- Sales Intelligence and Data Integrity powered by InsideView
- Advanced technographics powered by DemandMatrix including IT Spend and Next Technology Purchase
- API access to all five types of data so they can add the data to their existing systems, e.g., CRM, data lake, CDP, etc.
How do I inquire about getting access to the additional products?
Your CSMs and GADs will be discussing opportunities around licensing the new Data Cloud and Sales Intelligence Cloud capabilities in the near future.
What is the timeline for integrating the solutions?
DemandMatrix is already integrated with the Demandbase ABX Cloud. We're working on the timeline for integrating InsideView and expect that to be completed within the next 12 months.
Does this affect Demandbase’s partnerships with other data providers?
No, we will continue to partner with other data providers.
Will my Demandbase pricing change?
Your current pricing and access to Demandbase One will not change. If you are interested in adding additional capabilities from InsideView or DemandMatrix, your CSM and AE can discuss options with you.
Will my CSM or support team change as a result of the acquisition?
As a Demandbase customer, you’ll keep the same Customer Success team and there will be no change in the process related to servicing your account.
Should customers expect any product disruptions as the teams and products integrate?
No disruptions are anticipated.
What were the terms of the deal?
As privately held companies, we will not disclose the terms of the deal.
How can I find out more about the acquisition?
Visit http://demandbase.com/insideview-demandmatrix for more information.