We sync to numerous activities in Pardot, most of which can be found on Pardot's Activity Glossary.
Demandbase syncs all Pardot prospects and their associated activities of the following types:
- Form submission
- Website visit
- Email opens
- Email clicks
- Form visit
- Landing page visit
- File visit
- Landing page submission
- Attended webinar
- Registered for webinar
- Social post click
- Video view
- Video watched (> 75% watched)
- Video conversion
- Event registered
- Event checked in
Connecting Salesforce SSO for Pardot User Authentication
Demandbase supports the new Salesforce SSO for Pardot User authentication described in this Salesforce article: Pardot User Migration FAQ, and this Salesforce blog: Setting Up Salesforce OAuth for Pardot API Authentication.
To set-up your Pardot environment with Salesforce SSO, follow the instructions in these documents. This must be completed before the new authentication for Pardot can work with your environment as well as the Demandbase environment. This includes setting up the Pardot API Scope.
Salesforce and Demandbase will stop supporting the older standalone Pardot authentication on July 15, 2021. Customers using the older Pardot authentication are encouraged to contact their Customer Service Representative when ready to move to Salesforce SSO Pardot authentication.
CONNECTING PARDOT VIA OAUTH
OAuth means logging in through the Salesforce login screen. This is the preferred method when you are adding Salesforce as an integration.
Ability to login to Salesforce as the desired integration user (ensure you have the password, etc.)
1. Completely log out of Salesforce, ensuring every window/tab is fully logged out. This is important.
2. Demandbase Admins click this link to open the Integrations page.
3. Click Create Data Source.
4. Select Salesforce from the drop-down list.
5. Change OAuth Type to be Access Token. Enter the Consumer Key and Secret you obtained from following Step 2: Obtain Your Salesforce Credentials article.
6. Enter the Pardot Business Unit ID.
7. If applicable, enter your Salesforce Custom Domain. Enter demandbase if your Salesforce URL is demandbase.my.salesforce.com
8. Click Save. The Salesforce login screen opens. Log in and authenticate the Demandbase application.
CONNECTING PARDOT WITH AN EMAIL, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY TOKEN
If you are unable to complete the integration using the OAuth Access Token method described above, follow the steps in this section.
You have completed Obtain Your Salesforce Credentials to gather the Consumer Id and Secret.
1. Retrieve Username and Password of Salesforce Integration User
2. Retrieve Security Token for the Integration User:
- Log in to Salesforce as the user you want Demandbase to connect to Salesforce with, your Sync User.
- Click the drop-down button in the upper right corner next to the user's name.
- Click My Settings.
- From Personal, click Reset My Security Token.
- Click the Reset Security Token button.
- Check your email to retrieve the security token
3. Demandbase Admins: click this link to open the Integrations page.
4. Click Create Data Source.
5. Select Salesforce from the drop-down list.
6. Select Password for the OAuth Type when setting up the Salesforce Integration.
7. Enter the Pardot Business Unit ID.
8. Enter all details gathered in the steps above.
9. Click Save.