By default, Demandbase rolls up data in 3-month and 7-day timeframes, but this doesn't suit the need of some organizations. To set up custom data roll-ups of Demandbase data, create custom fields in Salesforce and map them to Demandbase calculated fields.
Tip: You can also customize Salesforce Page Layouts using custom fields from the Demandbase ABM Package. See Add Demandbase Fields to Salesforce.
You must have Admin privileges within your Salesforce Environment to create Custom Fields.
- Log in to Salesforce as an Admin user.
- Click on Setup in the upper right corner.
- In the left navigation area, quick search for Customize > and choose the Object you'd like to add fields to. For example, Account.
- Under that Object, expand and click on Fields.
- Click New.
- Select Data Type.
- Enter Field Label and other details.
- Select Visible for the profiles that can view the field.
- Select the Page Layouts to display the new field and Save.
Salesforce adds the new custom field to the Account Custom Fields & Relationships table.
Map the custom field to a calculated field created in Demandbase. See Create Demandbase Calculated Fields for Connected Mode.