The Slack integration for Demandbase One provides:
- Custom reports via Slack. Slack will be another channel option when creating a custom report in Demandbase One. Custom reports through Slack operate on a scheduled frequency like email reports and are not real-time like messages you receive in Slack.
Follow the steps to install the Slack app. Click the links below to learn more:
- Step 1: Create the Slack Integration in Settings
- Step 2: Create a Slack Channel
- Step 3: Add the Demandbase App to Slack
- Step 4: Authorize the Install
- Step 5: Activate/Save Slack Integration in Settings
STEP 1: CREATE THE SLACK INTEGRATION IN SETTINGS
1.1 Go to web.demandbase.com and as a tenant admin click the Settings icon in the left panel and then select Demandbase-Wide Settings > Integrations.
1.2 Select the Create Data Source button and click Slack. Here you can create an active Slack integration, but will need to follow the link to install the Slack App first.
STEP 2: CREATE A SLACK CHANNEL
2.1 To associate the Demandbase app with a Slack channel, create a new channel on your Slack team.
2.2 Give it a name you will recognize such as #demandbasealerts. Only the person installing the app needs to join this new channel.
STEP 3: ADD THE DEMANDBASE SERVICE TO SLACK
3.1 Go to slack-service.demandbase.com and click the Add to Slack button.
STEP 4: AUTHORIZE THE INSTALL
4.1 From the new tab on the Slack.com domain that opens, log in and select the new channel you created in your company’s Workspace in Step 2.
4.2 Then click Authorize to complete the install. You will be redirected back to Demandbase and the screen should say Authorization Succeeded.
4.3 All users added during the initial onboarding process will automatically start receiving Slack reports from Demandbase. Going forward, a sync will occur weekly in order to pick up new Slack users.
STEP 5: ACTIVATE-SAVE SLACK INTEGRATION IN SETTINGS
5.1 Return to the Integrations page at https://web.demandbase.com/o/ad/i and set the Slack integration as active and click the Create button.