From the Engagement Minutes page, you can customize how you measure engagement in Demandbase. Default values for Engagement Minutes are assigned out-of-the-box, but they can be modified based on your company's requirements.
Engagement Minutes settings are grouped into the following categories.
- General Activities: Basic interactions tracked and recorded by Demandbase and your marketing automation system (MAS) such as Eloqua, HubSpot, Marketo, and Pardot.
- Intent Activities: Activities for Demandbase Intent and 3rd Party Intent.
- Interesting Moments (Marketo only): Activities from Marketo grouped into Interesting Moments.
- Marketo Programs: Interactions from your Marketo programs such as webinars, trade shows, or web content.
- Microsoft Dynamics: Activities recorded in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Salesforce Activities: Activities recorded in Salesforce.
- Salesforce Campaigns: Interactions with different types of Salesforce campaigns.
Important: Known activities are matched to an Account using Lead to Account Matching. Activities for unknown users (Page Visits and Intent) are matched to Accounts with the same domain. If there are multiple Account records with the same domain, we match to the Account with the highest number of Contact records.
Tip: You can also set up weighting from the Engagement Minutes page. For more information, see Set Up Engagement Minute Weighting.
This category includes activities from Demandbase or your MAS such as Eloqua, HubSpot, Marketo, and Pardot.
- Inbound Email - After you connect Demandbase to your email client, you can assign engagement on emails you receive from target accounts in your inbox.
- Meeting Attendance - After you connect Demandbase to your email client, we'll automatically pull in meetings with people at target accounts.
- Page Visits (Anonymous) - Any web visit that matches an account Demandbase is tracking, but we don't know who that person is. This is not all web traffic like Google Analytics.
- Eloqua Email Open - Triggered anytime someone opens an email sent with Eloqua.
- Email Clickthrough - When someone clicks a link in an Eloqua sent email.
- Form Submit - When a user submits a form being tracked by Eloqua.
- Page View - Eloqua only way of tracking who views what pages.
- HubSpot Email Open - Email sent from HubSpot was opened.
- HubSpot Email Click - A link in an email sent from HubSpot was clicked on.
- HubSpot Email Forward - An email sent from HubSpot was forwarded to someone.
- HubSpot Email Print - An email sent from HubSpot was printed.
- Form Submit - When a user submits a form being tracked by HubSpot.
- HubSpot Web Page Visit - Any web visit that we can associate with a specific lead or contact using website cookies or other means.
- Click Email - If someone clicks a link in your email (Marketo only).
- Click Link - If someone clicks a link on your web page (Marketo only).
- Fill Out Form - If someone fills out a form on your website (Marketo only).
- Marketing Open Email - If someone opens your email sent from Marketo as part of a Marketo campaign.
- Open Sales Email - If someone opens an email that comes from Marketo Sales Insight or the Outlook add-in. These are generally more customized.
- Visit Web Page - Any web visit that we can associate with a specific lead or contact using website cookies or other means.
Numerous activities including: Page View, Email Open, Email Click, Registered for Webinar, Attended Webinar, Email Click (Third Party), Form Success, Event Registered, Event Checked In, Pardot Click, View File, View Form, View Landing Page, Landing Page Success, Video View, Video Conversion, Video View Watched (>75% Watched), Search, Social Post Click.
This category includes Demandbase Intent Activities and 3rd Party Intent.
Demandbase Intent Activities include Demandbase Keyword Intent, Demandbase Geo Keyword Intent, and Trending Intent. For each Intent category, you can assign Engagement Minutes to different keyword sets or keywords by intent strength.
For 3rd Party Intent, you can assign Engagement Minutes for the Demandbase intent integration you have set up. Options include Bombora, G2, and TrustRadius.
Interesting Moments (Marketo only)
This category includes Interesting Moments you define. Interesting Moments are a flexible structure for capturing Marketo activities.
- Interesting Moments are triggered based on the conditions you set in Marketo.
- When an Interesting Moment is triggered, we assign Engagement Minutes to it for that account.
How are Interesting Moments Grouped?
Our solution is designed to group Interesting Moments by the "Description" of the Interesting Moment. We have the default groupings Marketo has in Demandbase such as "Filled out Form" and "Attended Webinar" as types, and the filter criteria would then be whatever comes after the "Filled out Form" part.
Beyond those default groupings, we then try and split descriptions based on if they have a ":" in them. A moment with a description of "Tradeshow: AwesomeConf 2020" would have a "type" on the left hand side of "Tradeshow" and the filterable criteria on the right-hand side would be "AwesomeConf 2020".
If there is no colon in the "Description" field and the description does not start with an out-of-the-box grouping, it would be in the "All Others" bucket and you could assign minutes to it that way.
The Marketo "Type" field on the Interesting Moment does not come into Demandbase's weighting on Engagement Minutes.
For more information, see Marketo's documentation about Interesting Moments.
This category includes your Marketo programs and engagement can be assigned based on program channels.
- Only successes/responses in these programs count toward engagement.
- You won't be able to add a program until a success has occurred.
Microsoft Dynamics (Dynamics 365)
This category includes the following activities recorded in Microsoft Dynamics:
- Dynamics Appointment
- Dynamics Email
- Dynamics Meeting
- Dynamics Phone Call
This category includes Salesforce activities that are typically logged by an SDR. They encompass things that usually can't be tracked automatically including phone calls, special meetings, LinkedIn communication, and more.
Activities are associated with a lead, contact, or account. Activities with leads and contacts are automatically pushed up to the account in Demandbase. Click the link below to learn more.
See the Activities article in Salesforce for more information.
How are Salesforce Activities are Grouped?
Activities are associated with contacts, leads, or accounts. Demandbase groups these activities based upon the "activity type" field in Salesforce. Example: Meeting, Call, Email, etc.
Using the All Others Grouping
For Salesforce Activities that cannot be assigned to a group (or not part of the 30 most popular groupings), we put them in the "All Others" grouping.
We recommend using the "Contains" operator to identify the activities of interest when using the “All Others” grouping.
This category includes Salesforce campaigns with at least one response.
If you have a Marketo program synced to Salesforce as a Salesforce campaign, Demandbase ignores the linked Salesforce campaign and only counts the Engagement Minutes for the Marketo program. Demandbase does this automatically to avoid double counting Engagement Minutes.
To have Demandbase assign Engagement Minutes to Salesforce campaigns instead of duplicate Marketo programs, do the following:
- From the left navigation bar, go to Settings > Demandbase-Wide Settings > Company Settings.
- In the Engagement Minutes Assignment Preference section, select Salesforce from the Set preferences to drop-down list.