Demandbase connects to your Salesforce instance through a Connected App and a dedicated Salesforce user.
First things first, check out the required permissions:
Create a Connected App in Salesforce
Step 1. Login to Salesforce as an Admin user.
Step 2. In SFDC Classic, navigate to Setup by clicking the arrow next to your user name in the top right.
Step 3. In the left panel, navigate to App Setup > Create and click Apps.
Step 4. In the Connected Apps section, click New.
- Connected Apps is at the bottom of the Apps screen, you may need to scroll all the way down to see it.
Step 5. In the Basic Information section:
- Enter Demandbase Account Based Marketing (ABM) as the Connected App Name.
- Keep the default API Name, Demandbase.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org as the Contact Email.
Step 6. In the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section:
- Check Enable OAuth Settings checkbox to configure authentication settings.
- Enter "https://web.demandbase.com/admin/oauthcallback" as the Callback URL.
- Add the following OAuth scopes to Selected OAuth Scopes:
- Access and manage your data (api)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access
Step 7. Click Save.
Step 8. Click Continue in the New Connected App warning page.
Retrieve Consumer Key and Secret from Salesforce
Step 1. Login into Salesforce with the Admin user.
Step 2. In the left panel, navigate to App Setup > Create and click Apps.
Step 3. In the Connected Apps section, click the word Demandbase (not Edit or Manage).
Step 4. In the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section:
- Find the Consumer Key.
- Find the Consumer Secret, and select Click to reveal to see the secret.
Copy your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret for the next step, adding the integration in Demandbase.
Add Data Source to Demandbase
Now that we have everything set up, it's time to Add the Salesforce Integration in Demandbase.
Make sure you have the following ready:
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret