Demandbase connects to your Salesforce instance through a Connected App and a dedicated Salesforce user.
First things first, check out the required permissions:
Create a Connected App in Salesforce
1. Login to Salesforce as an Admin user.
2. In SFDC Classic, navigate to Setup by clicking the arrow next to your user name in the top right.
3. In the left panel, navigate to App Setup > Create and click Apps.
4. In the Connected Apps section, click New.
- Connected Apps is at the bottom of the Apps screen, you may need to scroll all the way down to see it.
5. In the Basic Information section:
- Enter Demandbase ABM as the Connected App Name.
- Keep the default API Name, Demandbase_ABM.
- Enter email@example.com as the Contact Email.
6. In the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section:
- Check Enable OAuth Settings checkbox to configure authentication settings.
- Enter https://web.demandbase.com/admin/oauthcallback as the Callback URL.
- Additionally, if SSO for SFDC will be enabled, add the additional oAuth Callback URL in a new row (without using commas or semi-colons.) https://authentication.demandbase.com/oauth2/v1/authorize/callback
- Add the following OAuth scopes to Selected OAuth Scopes:
- Access and manage your data (api)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
- Access your basic information
- Allow access to your unique identifier
7. Click Save.
8. Click Continue in the New Connected App warning page.
VERIFY USERS PERMITTED TO OAUTH
The newly created connected app should be usable to all applicable users.
1. Login into Salesforce with the Admin user.
2. In the left panel, navigate to App Setup > Manage Apps and click Connected Apps.
3. In the listing, click the Edit link next to the Demandbase ABM app.
4. Under the OAuth Policies section, check the Permitted Users drop-down that it has the option All users may self-authorize selected. If not, select the value All users may self-authorize.
5. Click the Save button.
Note: If you select the Admin approves users pre-authorized option, each User Profile that needs access will need to be explicitly added to this Connected App.
Retrieve Consumer Key and Secret from Salesforce
Step 1. Login into Salesforce with the Admin user.
Step 2. In the left panel, navigate to App Setup > Create and click Apps.
Step 3. In the Connected Apps section, click the word Demandbase ABM (not Edit or Manage).
Step 4. In the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section:
- Find the Consumer Key.
- Find the Consumer Secret, and select Click to reveal to see the secret.
Copy your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret for the next step, adding the integration in Demandbase.
Add Data Source to Demandbase
Now that we have everything set up, it's time to Add the Salesforce Integration in Demandbase.
Make sure you have the following ready:
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret