Once you are logged into the ABM Platform, navigate to the Targeting section. Click the Create New Campaign button to open the self-serve campaign creation workflow.
Follow the steps below to build your campaign:
- Step 1: Name the Campaign
- Step 2: Select a Budget and Schedule
- Step 3: Select a Location
- Step 4: Select a Target Audience
- Step 5: Select Creatives and Publish Campaign
Step 1: Name the Campaign
View the video to see how to name your ad campaign.
1.1 Select any naming convention you would like for your campaign.
1.2 Add watchers: Add yourself and colleagues to watch a campaign. Being a watcher enables you to receive Campaign Insights (emails) on a weekly basis after the campaign launches.
1.3 Click Continue.
Step 2: Select a Budget and Schedule
View the video to learn how to select a budget and schedule for your ad campaign.
2.1 Select a Purchase Order/Order number to associate with your campaign to understand your available budget and what has been allocated.
- If your company does not require a PO number for billing, you will only see your Demandbase order numbers. For customers that require a PO number, the order number and PO will be displayed.
- It is required to select your PO/Order number in Step 2 before progressing to the next step. Associating a campaign with a Order/PO number ensures you do not overspend or leave budget remaining.
- You can change the PO or order number for a draft campaign. However, once a campaign is published the PO/order number is locked and cannot be changed. This is similar to the Audience being locked after publishing.
2.2 Enter your budget: We support 2 types of campaigns, one-time or monthly.
- One-time campaigns: Enter the budget for the total campaign.
- Monthly campaigns: Enter the monthly budget for the campaign. For example, if you enter $1,000 for a monthly campaign for 6 months, you’ll spend a total of $6,000.
- When you select the Monthly campaign type the following monthly budget options appear:
- Pro-rate option: If your start date or end date are in the middle of the month, we will adjust that month's budget proportionally instead of trying to spend a full month's budget in a shorter amount of time
- Budget Rollover option: At the end of each month, any unspent budget will be added to the next month’s budget goal
2.3 Select a schedule: Enter the flight dates of the campaign.
2.4 Click Continue.
Step 3: Select a Location
View the video to learn how to select a location for your ad campaign.
3.1 Geotargeting Type: Select any geo targeting restrictions for the campaign.
- You can choose global, region, country or state. To learn more, see Geo-Targeting: Region Mapping.
- After you make your selections, click Submit. After you click Submit, the selections you made display in the map to the right.
3.2 Click Continue.
Step 4: Select a Target Audience
View the video to learn how to select a target audience for your ad campaign.
4.1 Select a target audience for this campaign: Scroll through your audiences or use the search feature to look for a specific audience. We recommend typing in the audience name to get to your audience list faster versus scrolling through all the audiences.
- Once you select an audience, Targeting’s inventory tool will run to let you know if there is enough inventory to support the campaign as well as predicted reach to the audience. This is an important step to ensure we can support the campaign without under-delivery or reaching a small percentage of the target audience.
There are 3 potential messages you will receive once the audience has been selected.
Message 1: Budget, available impressions, and reach look good.
Message 2: Budget and available impressions look good, but too many unreachable accounts. The message lists the parameters you need to adjust.
Message 3: Budget is too high based on available impressions. The message lists the parameters you need to adjust.
Each message gives recommendations as well as the option to download the report.
4.2 Click Continue.
Step 5: Select Creatives and Publish Campaign
View the video to learn how to select creatives and publish your ad campaign.
5.1 Select creatives to be used in this campaign. You have 2 options for selecting creatives:
Upload New Creatives
If you want to use new creatives, click the Upload Creatives button.
- The Creative Uploader allows you to easily upload creatives as you are setting up or editing campaigns.
- Click this link to review detailed steps for uploading your creative.
Use Existing Creatives
If you want to use existing creatives, select the checkboxes next the existing creatives you want to use.
Select the Targeting type for each creative:
- All: The creative will be leveraged to proactively target the accounts and retarget (if the accounts come to the website, we retarget them). This is the default option.
- Standard: Proactively targeting accounts.
- User retargeting: If you have different creative for retargeting (user/cookie), select this option next to each creative.
5.2 Publish the campaign: Once all campaign configurations have been supplied, click the Publish button. The inventory tool will run one last time to ensure there will not be any issues with delivery.
You are responsible for all campaign spend associated with self-serve advertising campaigns. If you’re not fully committed to launching this campaign, please hold off on publishing the campaign.
After you publish your campaign there are two ways to know if a campaign is live:
- Email: Once a campaign has been launched, an email will be sent to the Campaign Creator.
- Targeting reporting: When reviewing the campaign within the ABM Platform, there will be a green dot next to the campaign name. This denotes the status as live. Grey is inactive.