The Demandbase Salesforce App is now a managed package and all customers are encouraged to migrate if they are on the unmanaged version to receive the benefits described below.
- Uninstall the unmanaged packages
- This will remove the self-contained package custom objects, NOT your custom fields
- This will remove the Demandbase Mappings configuration
- This will NOT impact any other Demandbase products or app data
- This will NOT impact any of your Salesforce data as the app has no knowledge of it anyway
- Install new managed package
- Configure Demandbase Mappings
- The managed packaged is secured by Salesforce AppExchange.
- Stability and performance improvements, much richer logging and error handling.
- LMA Access less resources required of your team, let us do the digging.
- You can received automatic updates if there are issues or bugs.
- You can receive automatic new features and functionality.
STEP 1: UNINSTALL UNMANAGED PACKAGES
1.1 Remove Users from Permission Sets
1.1.1 Navigate to Setup > Permission Sets > Demandbase for Salesforce Light.
1.1.2 Remove any user assignments.
1.1.3 Navigate to Setup > Permission Sets > Demandbase for Salesforce Users.
1.1.4 Remove any user assignments.
1.2 Remove Custom Field Mapping (if applicable)
1.2.1 If you've used Demandbase Mappings to push data to custom fields you have to remove the lookup to UM Account List. Navigate to Setup > Quick Find and type "Fields" and scroll to Accounts and select Fields.
1.2.2 Find the Custom Field associated with a Lookup(UM Account List) and Delete it.
1.2.3 Navigate to the bottom of page after deleting and find the Deleted Fields. Expand it and Erase the custom field permanently. This is required to continue uninstall.
1.3 Uninstall Unmanaged Packages
1.3.1 Navigate to Setup > Installed Packages.
1.3.2 Select Uninstall for the two packages as shown. You may have different names or only 1 package depending on the version you're on.
1.3.3 When prompted to uninstall, scroll to the bottom and select to remove everything as shown below.
Once uninstalled, you can proceed to install the managed.
STEP 2: INSTALL MANAGED PACKAGE
Follow this guide to install the new package.