Troubleshooting the Demandbase for Salesforce App
This article contains troubleshooting tips and checklists for common issues you may find when you are working with the Demandbase for Salesforce App. Click the links below to learn more about each type of issue.
- The app isn't loading as expected
- I can't create a new account list
- I don’t see any custom objects after I “Save to Salesforce”
- I don’t see any custom fields updated after “Save to Salesforce”
- I don’t see the Save to Salesforce button
- Save to Salesforce is greyed out
The app isn’t loading as expected
If the application doesn’t load when you navigate to the Demandbase tab, you may see this connection error screen: The Demandbase Partner API seems to have trouble connecting. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You’ve configured your DB API Metadata with the correct API key. See Setting up the Auth Credentials in Demandbase for Salesforce Setup.
- Your SFDC Admin may need to verify this is correct.
- You are part of the Permission Sets for Demandbase App. Your SDFC Admin will need to make sure you’ve got access. See Configure Permission Sets steps in Demandbase for Salesforce Setup.
- Ensure you’ve installed both Demandbase Packages. See Installing the Packages in Demandbase for Salesforce Setup.
I can’t create a new Account List
- You’ve done the CRM OAuth connection. For more information, see Demandbase for Salesforce Setup.
- Does your CRM connection match the same environment you’re in? If the CRM connection is UAT, then are you also in UAT trying to create an Account List? If not then these environments need to match. You need to either test in the same environment as your connection or change your CRM connection as outlined in Demandbase for Salesforce Setup.
- Does the authorized user of your CRM connection have access to the report, the report fields and API permissions? This issue typically has errors about trouble “fetching report” or “report has no rows”. Check with your SFDC admin to ensure your CRM authorized user has access to the fields and reports as well as API’s. For more information, see Connect Demandbase to Salesforce.
I don’t see any custom objects after I “Save to Salesforce”
It’s unusual to not have any custom objects created for an Account List after you’ve pushed the Save to Salesforce button.
- Ensure you’ve waited an adequate amount of time for the data to be pushed over. This can take up to 20-30 minutes for busy Salesforce queues.
- You’ve followed the steps for Confirming Data Has Been Saved in Demandbase for Salesforce Setup and you do not see any custom objects.
- Is there a time stamp on the Account List about when the last Save was? Is it a recent time-stamp from your current attempts or an older one? If it is older or there is no date then you can skip this step. Otherwise, if it’s recent, it indicates the data was pushed over and so ensure you’ve reviewed the Confirming Data Has Been Saved in Demandbase for Salesforce Setup.
- Does your user have access to the custom objects or the UM Account Lists tab?
I don’t see any custom fields updated after “Save to Salesforce”
- Ensure you’ve created the Account custom fields you wanted data pushed for. Remember we can only push data to Account custom fields.
- Ensure you’ve followed the guide to map the Demandbase data to your Salesforce fields. See Storing Data into Custom Fields in Demandbase for Salesforce Setup.
- Ensure the person who installed the app and the user it is under has access to the custom objects and fields. Sometimes the original user that installed it doesn’t have access to custom objects so the custom fields don’t update either.
- Are you looking at the right SFDC account? See Building a CRM Audience. Remember that CRM Audiences only map to one Salesforce Account to a Demandbase Company. So if you provided 3 IBMs in your CRM report when you created the audience, then only one of those is mapped to Demandbase and contains the data in custom fields.
I don’t see the Save to Salesforce button
Check that you’re viewing a CRM Audience. Only CRM Audiences have this feature.
Save to Salesforce is greyed out
Check that your Account List has at least some data about web traffic or intent. An Account List that was just created may not have finished processing yet or none of the accounts have any web engagement or intent.