Below is a list of frequently asked questions about Demandbase Technology. Click the links below to learn more.
- Can the API return DUNs numbers?
- Does Demandbase work with progressive profiling?
- Is IVp6 supported?
- What does ISP visitor mean in Analytics?
- What does "(not set)" mean in Analytics?
- What is DemandbaseSiteAnalyzer/DemandbaseBot?
- What is NAICS? Does Demandbase map NAICS and SIC codes?
- What is the possible list of values returned by Demandbase?
- What languages are available for the API return values?
Yes and no. Demandbase does not maintain a database of DUNS values, however, we do have the ability to customize our API response based on values you provide for specific companies. This can be done by providing DUNS values for your Account Watch list.
More information about Account Watch lists can be found here.
Yes. Demandbase is generally most useful for anonymous visitors the first time they come to your site. Any interaction with cookies or a visitor profile must be custom built. By default, Demandbase will not interact with nor overwrite any user profile data. Demandbase can be used to augment or cleanse profile data, if needed this requires custom implementation, the details of which depend on the profiling system.
Currently, Demandbase only supports IPv4. However, most traffic is backward compatible with IPv4 and is thus identifiable. Only a very small portion of traffic is strictly IPv6.
ISP Visitor is the default value used to indicate a visitor's IP address belongs to an Internet Service Provider, rather than a specific business.
- Visitor's IP is not tied to a Demandbase SID.
- Demandbase Audience attribute has a non-company value like "Residential", "Wireless", or "Bot".
Please reach to support if you have any further questions.
What does "(not set)" mean in Analytics?
"(not set)" (May also be "(Non-Company Visitor)" or "[n/a]", depending on your analytics system and connector version) means the visitor was not from a company.
It is a common surprise for many of our customers. For the first time, they're able to see which companies are visiting their site and what portion of their traffic isn't from companies at all.
In order to enhance the level of personalization and customization that their website visitors and internal users receive, Demandbase periodically crawls the website to better understand the content and structure of our customer’s web pages.
The DemandbaseSiteAnalyzer follows proper crawling rate practices and is registered with the IAB as a robot. The requests happen slowly over the course of a day.
- 1 request per relevant page
- Capped at 60 requests per minute
The above practices help ensure there's no effect on performance.
For Google Analytics customers, you can automatically filter out the traffic if needed. More information on these steps can be found here: https://datadome.co/exclude-bot-traffic-from-google-analytics/
What is NAICS? Does Demandbase map NAICS and SIC codes?
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by U.S. government statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.
There is no industry standard mapping from NAICS to SIC. In general the mappings are business-specific. Demandbase does not define this mapping. Talk to your Customer Success Manager for more information.
Mapping SIC and NAICS:
- NAICS PDF: http://www.naics.com/naicswp2014/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/NAICS-to-SIC-Crosswalk.pdf
- NAICS website: http://www.naics.com/sic-codes-industry-drilldown/
- US Dept. of Labor: http://www.bls.gov/ppi/ppisicnaics08.htm
- Ruby Gem: https://github.com/leereilly/csi
What is the possible list of values returned by Demandbase?
Please view our Company Profile Attributes Section
Currently, English is the only language in which the Demandbase API returns values for.