Solutions to Use
- Demandbase ABM Platform (Required)
- Engagement Solution (Required)
With the Demandbase Site Optimization you can automatically recommend the right, high-value content and goal pages for each visitor using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning to increase engagement and accelerate the path to conversion. Demandbase Site Optimization is a turn-key approach to website personalization. You specify the high-value content and goals using Demandbase’s Site Optimization set up tool. Demandbase then applies its AI technology to automatically recommend specific web pages to visitors based on their company interests and behavior. AI technology removes the barrier of ongoing manual analysis of what content should be recommended, allowing you to significantly scale your website personalization efforts and deliver a tailored experience for any visitor. This accelerates the visitor’s path to finding the most relevant content and high-value pages, and speeds up conversion.
In the example shown below, without Demandbase Site Optimization (shown on the left), everyone visiting this page would receive the same white paper offer. But with Demandbase Site Optimization implemented (shown on the right), you can personalize the experience by offering the same white paper but with imagery and content personalized to specific verticals. Offering relevant content to visitors educates them on your products and services and gets them into the sales pipeline early which helps to shorten the sales cycle.
ServiceMax is the only complete field service software solution helping companies of all sizes manage contracts, scheduling, and parts, while also providing solutions for social, portals, and analytics — all delivered in the cloud to any mobile device.
The ServiceMax marketing team was faced with the challenge of providing a more tailored and personalized web experience for its visitors, while increasing form submissions. They aimed to decrease bounce rates and increase time on site for a specific group of targeted accounts. ServiceMax serves a wide and diverse client and prospect base, and with a small marketing team there just wasn’t enough bandwidth to manually create all the necessary personalization rules. ServiceMax needed to ensure it had enough reliable data to determine what content was relevant to specific visitors to drive engagement and ultimately conversions on their website.
ServiceMax first implemented the Demandbase Forms solution that shortened the number of fields per form while still collecting critical firmographic data on the backend. By doing this, the company was able to capture key information from site visitors such as annual revenue, number of employees and company name and push it directly into their marketing automation system without asking the visitor for this data.
Next, ServiceMax implemented Demandbase Site Optimization, powered by artificial intelligence (AI). Site Optimization allowed ServiceMax to go beyond the handful of personalization rules they already had in place to automatically recommend relevant content to each and every site visitor based on AI-powered insights.
To measure against their goals, ServiceMax also leveraged Demandbase Analytics. With Analytics, they could understand traffic trends, bounce rates, conversion rates and other critical website metrics by account – even for anonymous visitors – based on IP address.
Early results were promising for ServiceMax with bounce rates decreasing 70% since implementing their new personalization strategy. Website visitors are staying longer and visiting more pages as well: both “Pages per Session” and “Time on Site” metrics increased over 100%.
In addition, thanks to shortened forms, ServiceMax has also seen a 300% increase in form conversions and a 6x increase in the number of demo sign-ups they receive.
How Site Optimization Works
Site Optimization learns from historical traffic and behavior to understand what content is consumed by visitors and the paths they take on a website. It typically requires about a month of web traffic to learn how visitors interact with your site and content. As each visitor interacts with your site, their actions are automatically characterized based on their account, industry, time period, type of content viewed, pages visited, previous conversions, and dozens of other parameters. Based on this data, the AI technology determines the best content and information to recommend for that visitor in non-intrusive ribbon on the bottom of the page or pop up box on the side. The recommended content is based on historical patterns, but it also learns and considers what content and pages guide visitors to where you want them to go faster in the future. The ultimate goal is to optimize websites by presenting the content most relevant to each individual, leading to increases in conversion and ultimately revenue.
Site Optimization displays recommended content on your designated web pages in collapsed and expanded views. The image below shows different display options in Site Optimization set up within the Demandbase Engagement solution.
The example below shows Site Optimization with the recommended content showing in a bottom banner.
Steps for Using Site Optimization
Follow these steps to get started using Site Optimization.
- Login into the ABM Platform and navigate to Engagement > Site Optimization
- Select display options
- Select recommendation options
- Define preview options
- Test the configuration in the preview section
- Save and publish your changes
- Select how the recommendation window will be displayed on your web pages. Choices are: Bottom Banner, List View, Flyover View, or Right Rail.
- Select which pages you want to show Site Optimization on. You can show it on all of your pages or specify custom pages to show recommended content.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Add conditions and URLs for the high value goal pages you want your accounts to visit.
- Add conditions and URLs for those pages you want Site Optimization to exclude (or blacklist) from recommendations.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Enter the URL address of the page you want to preview. In the example below, the recommended content is shown on the bottom of the page.
- Select a company you want to simulate traffic from. In the example below, GE is selected.
- Click the Customize colors and fonts button to change the background color, font, and font color. To save your selections, click Apply and then view the results.
- In the example shown below the flyover view option is shown and the background color was changed from dark blue to orange in the recommended content window.
- Click Add Custom CSS if additional configuration options are desired for custom window behaviors.
- Specify custom settings by clicking the View additional Configurations link.
- Custom settings allow you to send events to Google Analytics as well as add custom text and behaviors to the recommended content window. It is recommended to send events through Google Analytics so you can track performance.
- When you are finished specifying your settings, click Apply then click Save at the bottom of the Preview page.
Edit recommendations by completing the following:
- Review the full list of all possible recommendations that will be made in the Site Optimization window to ensure that the links are working and relevant. To do this, click the Preview link in the Site Optimization area and then click the Edit Recommendations link.
- Blacklist any links that should be excluded by copying the URL or directory name and creating a new blacklist rule in the Recommendation Options section.
- Edit any items to change Page Titles and select alternate Image URLs. Make sure to click Save in the Edit window.
- Click the Back to Preview link at the top of the page to go back to the main Preview page and click Save at the bottom of the Preview page.
- Ensure the window works on other site pages by changing the URL to Preview.
- Validate that the recommendations are dynamic by opting to use the Simulate traffic from one of these companies option.
- Make any configuration changes needed based on testing results.
- When you are ready to deploy to the live site, click the Save & Publish button at the bottom of the Preview section.