All Demandbase ABM Platform customers have visibility into how accounts were mapped from their CSV files or CRM reports to accounts in a Demandbase audience during the audience creation process. Customers will be able to review problematic account records and make edits in the Platform, ensuring that all key accounts are included in an audience and can be used throughout the ABM Platform.
- Validated Account: Given the Input Account and the Input Domain, Demandbase will identify your target account. The Name of this account in Demandbase’s system of record may not exactly match the name that you gave us, so the Validated Account field is used to show you the final name of the account as it will show up in the platform.
- Input Account: This is the exact text that you provided in the Account Name field in the CSV or CRM report used to create this audience.
- Input Domain: This is the exact text that you provided in the Domain field in the CSV or CRM report used to create this audience
- Status: This field indicates whether the record was Included or Excluded in the audience. If the record is Excluded, please see the Reason column for details as to what the record was not included in the audience.
- Reason: This field provides detail as to why an account was Included or Excluded from the audience. If an account is Included, the Reason will always be Valid Domain. The reason that accounts may be Excluded are outlined below:
- Name/Domain Conflict: The Account Name in your record doesn’t match the Domain in your record. Please check your input and make corrections or Flag as Problematic if the Account Name and Domain seem to match.
- Invalid Domain: A few things might cause Demandbase to mark a domain as invalid. The Input Domain could be blank, it could lead to a 504 dead link, or it could be populated with a domain with invalid syntax. This does not immediately mean that the domain is inaccessible in a browser, the domain may not have a valid record within the Demandbase Database.
- Duplicate: A duplicate domain was identified during processing. The entire URL doesn’t need to match; just the domain. By default, Demandbase allows one valid record per domain and excludes all others.
- Manually Excluded: These accounts were manually excluded or are otherwise unreachable in our platform.
- No Traffic: Demandbase was able to validate these accounts but may be unable to identify engagement and intent signals for them. You can manually include these accounts to view data on firmographics and other buyer signals.
Every audience in the ABM Platform created from a CSV file or CRM report has an Audit Report link underneath the audience name.
If you select an account(s) from the table in the Audit Report, the Select an action drop-down is activated.
Click this drop-down to choose actions you can take on the selected accounts:
- Include selected: For accounts that are excluded because of a Name/Domain conflict or No Traffic, you may choose to override the recommendation and include them in the audience. If you choose to include accounts with:
- Name/Domain Conflict: Demandbase will only consider the Input Domain when reprocessing this account. This should be only done if you are confident in the quality of the Input Domain data.
- No Traffic: You will not see any web-based metrics for this account in the ABM Platform.
- Exclude selected: Exclude accounts that are already Included in the audience if desired.
- Edit selected: Correct the Input Name or Input Domain of the record with a Name/Domain Conflict, or enter a new domain for records with an Invalid Domain. Caution: While you can edit the inputs in order to reprocess the records in the ABM Platform, this will not change the source record itself. Your CRM or CSV file will still contain the original, flawed data.
- Report as problematic: Occasionally Demandbase will flag an account and exclude it from an audience even though the Input Account and Input Domain correctly represent a company’s information. Report an account as problematic to alert the Demandbase team that there is an issue with the data in the audit report. The Demandbase team will evaluate the problematic account and make changes to our system of record if it's confirmed that this account should be included in the audience.
Download Audit Report via CSV
You can download an audit report in CSV format by clicking the Download CSV button located above the table in the audit report. This button will respect whatever filters you have applied in the audit report. For example, if you only have name/domain conflicts selected, the download will only show name/domain conflicts.
Frequently Asked Questions
This section contains answers to common questions you may have when you are working with the Audit Report.
Setup and Access:
How do I access the Audit Report?
Every audience in the ABM Platform created from a CSV file or CRM report will have an Audit Report link underneath the audience name.
When is the Audit Report available for an audience?
The Audit Report is available immediately after an audience is finished processing. It can also be accessed at any time via the Audit Report link underneath the audience name.
Will all Demandbase customers have access to this tool?
Yes. Additionally, this feature respects previously set permissions in the ABM Platform such as read-only limitations.
What happens if I uploaded a list before this feature was enabled?
The Audit Report is available for all lists, including those uploaded prior to the feature being enabled, however no data will be populated in the Audit Report for old lists until a user navigates into the Audit Report and hits the Reprocess edited accounts button.
Data Editing and Interpretation:
Can a customer save progress as they are making changes to multiple accounts?
Yes, accounts that have been edited will be added to the Queued bucket and automatically saved as Queued even if you navigate away from the Audit Report. However, no changes will be reflected in the ABM Platform until you hit the Reprocess edited accounts button. Any changes made without hitting Reprocess edited accounts will remain Queued until the reprocess is initiated. If a customer uploads a list with a very low inclusion rate, the recommended best practice is to use the Audit Report to evaluate the problematic data at a high level (for example: % of accounts with Name/Domain Conflicts) and then go back and make edits in the source file.
How long does it take to process the changes made in the Audit Report?
The audience should finish processing within an hour of submitting your changes.
Is there a way to append additional accounts to a list?
The Audit Report should be used to validate data for accounts from an existing file upload or CRM report. To add accounts to an audience, please use the Add Accounts button available on the Actions menu in Audience account list in the ABM Platform.
Will changes made in this tool be reflected in Targeting?
Yes, any changes made to the makeup of an audience linked to a Targeting campaign (either in the Audit Report or by adding/hiding accounts in the platform) will be automatically be reflected in the campaign. Campaign audiences will be refreshed nightly.
When I export an audience from the Platform, will I see the original Input Account and Input Domain or the Validated Account information?
When exporting an audience from anywhere outside of the Audit Report, you will always see the Validated Account information, not the original input data. However, if you want to see the original Input Account and Input Domain information, the Audit Report link will always be available under the Audience header.
Why do some Excluded accounts have a Validated Account name populated?
Even accounts where the Status is Excluded may have a populated Validated Account field. This likely indicates that Demandbase was able to successfully identify a record that matches your Input Domain, but there was some mismatch in the Input Account and Input Domain that led Demandbase to flag this record.