Below is a list of frequently asked questions about the Conversion Solution. Click the links below to learn more.
- Does Demandbase work with the free version of Slack?
- Does Demandbase push data into Salesforce?
- Does Salesforce require the oAuth use to be re-authorized after a period of time?
- How do I determine if I’ve integrated my CRM system for the Conversion Solution?
- How do I purchase additional seats?
- How many seats/licenses do I have? How many are left?
- How do I swap out an account owner when ownership changes?
- How often is Slack updated with new insights from Demandbase?
- What are the specifications for the Conversion reports?
- What frequency does the Salesforce Sync occur?
- What happens if the user who set up the oAuth is disabled in Salesforce?
- What happens if we merge accounts in Salesforce?
- What is the frequency of the emails that are sent?
- Why are contacts included in some of my alerts?
Yes. Demandbase currently works with all versions of Slack.
The Demandbase integration with Salesforce does not push any data into Salesforce. The integration is essentially a window (or iframe) into Demandbase from Salesforce.
Yes, the Salesforce oAuth will expire every six months and will require re-authorization. Visit this page for more information.
In order to integrate Conversion with your CRM, you need to complete the oAuth step in the Demandbase ABM Platform.
- Navigate to the Setup page: Home > Setup > Salesforce Integration.
- If the connection is successful, a green check mark will appear next to Sales Integration. If the integration is not complete, the checkbox will be grayed out.
NoteDemandbase currently only integrates with Salesforce.com.
Purchasing additional seats requires a contract amendment. Contact your CSM to make this request.
Your Demandbase contract will identify how many seats or licenses you have purchased. If you are unsure, or if you would like to know how many seats you have left then contact your CSM.
Depending on how you’ve integrated your CMS data with Demandbase will determine how the account owner data is updated.
- Salesforce Sync Application – To update an account owner in Demandbase when using the Salesforce Sync Application, simply update the owner in specific account record Salesforce. The weekly sync process will automatically sync and update the account owner in Demandbase Conversion within a week. If you do not see this change occur then open a support ticket.
- Manual Data Dump – To update an account owner in Demandbase via a manual data dump, provide a new Accounts and Contacts report and open a ticket with the support team, provide the report URL and request that the new report is ingested.
NotePlease provide the email address of the new user as well.
Whenever an account is on the website. The Demandbase Slack Conversion Solution will group pageviews into a session per account. In other words, Insights will not be delivered on every pageview, instead, they will be batched into a minimum 15-minute session or a maximum of 1 hour-long session.
Meaning If an account views just one page after 15 minutes that session will be sent as an alert.
If after the first-page view they continue browsing the site the session will be extended potentially to 1 hour. At that point, they will receive 1 alert for the session with the multiple pages visited.
The specification for the Contacts & Accounts, Account Teams, and Users report can be found here.
The automatic Salesforce Sync occurs weekly.
The existing oAuth will need to be revoked and a new user will need to oAuth with Salesforce.
If you're utilizing the Salesforce CRM integration then the weekly sync will ingest the latest data from your most recent report.
By default, emails are scheduled to be sent on a weekly basis. The day of the week is configurable. Open a support ticket if you would like to configure the day of the week that emails are sent.
Why are contacts included in some of my alerts?
These individuals are recognized as Pardot "prospects". A prospect is a visitor with a known email address in Pardot. The Conversion tool syncs with Pardot to track these prospects against the information in the Demandbase database. If the prospect is identified on site, they will then end up on a Conversion alert.
Additional information on prospects can be found on the Salesforce site here.