The Demandbase ABM Platform is the foundation for executing your ABM strategy. It gives you the capabilities of ABM audience creation, management, activation, and measurement all in one centralized place. This enables you to carry out these key ABM tasks:
- Audience Creation and Management: Create and manage target account lists, and use them for programs across the funnel.
- Audience Data Analysis: Drill into each audience to see website activity, firmographic makeup, and intent signals.
- Systems Integrations: Connect data with your analytics and CRM systems.
Audience Creation and Management
The Audiences page is where you can create and manage your target account lists.
Creating an Audience
You can quickly build one or more audiences consisting of your target accounts. Each audience might include accounts tied to a specific campaign or initiative, accounts in a particular vertical or company size, or it might be a broader list of target accounts that you are interested in driving through the funnel.
There are several different options available to build one or more audiences:
- Account Selection: Use this option to let Demandbase artificial intelligence (AI) technology recommend target accounts for you.
- Firmographics: Use this option to generate a list of up to 2,500 accounts that meet your organization's specific criteria. You can filter by employee size, revenue range, industry and location. This is a good option to use if you have limited CRM/MAS data. The resulting account list is sorted by intent-based ranking.
- Upload: This option lets you upload your existing list of target accounts in CSV file format.
- CRM: This option allows you import target accounts from your CRM data.
Your Demandbase Profile
You can build a Demandbase Profile for your organization. Your Demandbase Profile is the set of inputs that Demandbase uses to identify and prioritize target accounts. The information you enter provides Demandbase Artificial Intelligence and machine learning technology the input needed to learn from and generate your recommended accounts. Demandbase can then find specific types of companies, as well as companies that look like your ideal customer.
Demandbase looks for companies that:
- Employ your ideal buyers
- Make personnel investments in certain roles
- Have specific interests that are important to them
- Have bought from companies like yours before
- You have mutual connections with
Once you set up a profile you can use it across the ABM Platform.
Account Selection allows you to build and refine your target account list. It uses AI technology to identify the accounts showing interest and intent in your products and services. You can use Account Selection to create one or more audiences in the ABM Platform.
For each audience you create, you can further refine and segment it using Demandbase audience filters to match your business initiatives.
You can use Account Selection to view and filter different accounts as follows:
- View buying signal insights for each account such as website activity, stage, and trending intent.
- Sort accounts based on your specific needs.
- Refresh data and insight when you choose to refresh.
- Expand account tabs to uncover more details on each account.
- Apply your own custom attributes as filters.
- Save filtered lists as new Audiences for targeting, engagement, or conversion activities.
Managing Your Audiences
Once you've created an audience you can see metrics such as the total number of accounts, how many have visited or engaged on the website, and the total number of page views. You can use this information to to guide further refinement and usage of the audience.
Audience Data Analysis
From within an audience you can use the ABM Analytics tab to see a complete view of your marketing performance with data from across the sales and marketing funnel. Here are some specific ways you can use this tab.
- View intent insights for accounts across the entire platform.
- Filter any audience by firmographic, behavioral or intent data.
- Use audience-level statistics to drive territory-planning and resource allocation.
Put that performance in context by comparing any two audiences to measure their relative progression rates through the funnel. You can use this data to analyze your results and measure the success of your ABM tactics so you can determine the right actions to take next.
On the Website Activity tab you can view the following website activity details.
- Total sessions and pageviews
- The last time a user from that audience was on your site
- How this activity has changed over time.
You can also see which specific content is being consumed by accounts in the audience.
On the Firmographics tab you can view account traffic ranked by industry, revenue and employee size for the audience. This gives you a top-level view of account engagement by vertical that you can use for further granularity in your segmentation. Especially if the audience was generated by Account Selection, you’ll want to understand more about the makeup of the audience. What kinds of industries are in it? What revenue ranges or employee sizes? All of this information helps you to make decisions about how best to market to the audience.
On the Account Location tab you can see where your accounts are concentrated, and build your marketing and sales territories around those areas that are most densely populated with your highest value accounts.
ABM Analytics Page
You use the ABM Analytics page to view side-by-side comparisons of any of your audiences. This helps you to put the performance of an audience in context by using a control group to better understand the effectiveness of your ABM tactics. You can:
- Compare verticals, or regions, or accounts that have been exposed to particular marketing activities versus those that haven’t.
- Classify accounts into segments that have not progressed to the next stage, and generate new actionable audiences to optimize performance.
- Measure and monitor the impact of ABM on your most valued accounts and diagnose challenges in your customer journey, and take action to improve performance.
The ABM Analytics page features account stage performance data to reveal audience progression through the funnel and to expose opportunities for improvement. You can use these snapshot metrics to get a quick update on the status of an audience for the time period you set. Here are some details on the type of data you can access.
- Show account stage drop-off: Click the checkbox to view how many accounts are dropping off between different stages of the funnel as well as see the percentage of accounts that have visited your website but are not engaged.
- View the progression of the audience through the funnel by percentage or number.
- Look-Alike Control List: Use this default list to compare against your audience.
- All Accounts: The number or percent of accounts.
- More likely to visit your website: The audiences that have visited your website at least once within the given time period.
- More likely to be engaged on your website: How many accounts have had at least 3 web sessions within any 30-day window in the given time period.
- More likely to convert on website: How many accounts have had 1 onsite conversion (form fill) within the given time period.
- More likely to convert to an opportunity: How many accounts have had at least 1 opportunity generated in the given time period or had open opportunities at the start date of the given time period.
- The More than likely to close: How many accounts have had at least 1 opportunity that is Closed/Won status in your CRM during the given time period.
Recommended Use Cases
The table below lists common use cases for ABM Analytics.
|Use Case Type||Description|
|Understand the Impact of Account-Based Marketing||Monitor the health of your ABM strategy by examining the progress of your most valued accounts through the buying cycle.|
|Compare Audiences||Compare audiences with different revenue ranges, employee sizes or verticals to understand how your segments perform at any stage of the funnel.|
|Compare Vendors||Test the effectiveness of your marketing spend by exposing different audiences to different vendors’ solutions to see which produce better results.|
|Understand the Incremental Impact of ABM Programs||Compare audiences that have been exposed to your ABM activities to those that haven’t.|
|Take Action||Create new audiences from the accounts that are not progressing, and activate them to drive awareness, engagement or conversion.|
Demandbase ABM Platform integrates with 3rd party analytics systems such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics. It also integrates with Salesforce CRM. This lets you easily connect account-based data to your existing systems for better ABM insights and efficiency.
How it Works
Once you deploy Demandbase Tag on your website and complete the set up for your 3rd party tools, Demandbase will match visitors' IP addresses, domains, and cookies to account data in its database. It will also identify non-human, bot IP traffic. It will then return the data to your analytics and CRM system.
Web Analytics Integrations
You set up integration of your organization's 3rd party analytics tool to turn it into a powerful ABM measurement engine by adding an account-based layer of data from Demandbase.
Basic Set Up Steps
Your Demandbase implementation team will initiate the set up by creating a Demandbase Connector for your specific 3rd party analytics system. You then follow these basic steps to complete the set up.
- You log in to the Demandbase ABM Platform and edit the mapping of Demandbase Attributes to your analytics tool dimensions as needed.
- Demandbase will review your mapping changes and contact you when the Connector is ready to use.
- You then access account-based reports in your 3rd party analytics system and customize the reports as needed using custom variables and key metrics.
Custom Variables and Key Metrics
Within your 3rd party analytics tool you can set up custom variables and track key metrics by segment to give you the specific data reporting you need. Here are some examples:
Custom Variable Examples
- Company Size
- Account Status
Key Metric Examples
- Bounce Rate
Starter Pack Reports for Google Analytics
Demandbase provides a Starter Pack of 5 pre-configured reports for Google Analytics. You can customize each report within Google Analytics to meet your specific reporting needs.
|Visitor Composition Report||Answers questions about who visits your site.|
|Acquisition Report||Helps you define your visitor acquisition strategy.|
|Engagement Report||Tells you which content is being consumed.|
|Sales Enablement Report||Helps you learn more about target prospects.|
|Conversions Report||Lets you measure the effectiveness of your digital marketing.|
Salesforce CRM Integration
You can set up integration with Salesforce.com to automate the importing and exporting process of .csv files so you can use your CRM data to create Audiences within the ABM Platform. You configure this integration from the Setup tab in the ABM Platform.