Targeting Solution Overview
Demandbase Targeting Solution is a digital advertising solution that helps you:
- Identify the best companies to pursue
- Reach buyers from those companies with personalized advertising
- Measure performance at the account level
- Discover new areas of intent for buyers at your target accounts
Demandbase Targeting Solution Capabilities
Demandbase Targeting Solution is integrated with the Demandbase ABM Platform and includes several capabilities powered by Demandbase's proprietary technologies including:
- Account-Based Advertising: Uses your target account list to help you display personalized advertising across many different channels.
- Ad Personalization: Helps you to dynamically deliver personalized ads to selected accounts.
- Account-Based Retargeting: Helps you to retarget accounts showing active buying signals.
- Reporting for Account-Based Advertising: Allows you to measure the performance of your account-based ads using the Demandbase' Targeting report list.
- Keyword Discovery: Helps you discover new areas of intent for buyers at your target accounts. Use it to generate new keywords for SEM, and to inform your content marketing tactics.
Demandbase Account-Based Advertising uses your target account list to help you display personalized advertising across many different channels. It lets you precisely target personalized ads, with no waste and 100% account visibility.
Your ad will only be placed on relevant, brand-safe B2B sites with a demonstrated record of editorial quality to ensure that your ad is not associated with controversial content.
How it Works
Demandbase matches the companies from your target account list, and places advertisements with top-tier publishers. It then enables you to measure results using account-based KPIs.
The steps below outline how Demandbase Account-based Advertising works.
- Match Target Account List: First, Demandbase matches the company names in its database to each of the accounts in your list.
- Place Account Based Ads: Next, Demandbase delivers your ads to target accounts across B2B websites. The DSP uses the matched accounts to serve ads on whitelisted websites and premium publishers with a comprehensive mix of inventory that helps you reach the right decision makers and buyers.
- Measure Results by Account: To track campaign performance and results, Demandbase delivers correlating website traffic and engagement metrics by target account. You’ll be able to tie your ad campaign to increased activity on your website, which is a powerful metric for demonstrating ROI and sets you up to evaluate the impact of your campaign in later sales stages.
Demandbase's DSP uses a combination of targeting methods to prioritize bids. The table below outlines how each method works.
|Demandbase’s DSP bids only on impressions generated by your target accounts. It prioritizes delivery to business-related content.|
|Persona Targeting||Demandbase is able to optimize campaigns to target a specific persona such as IT/Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance, or HR.|
|Fraud Detection||Demandbase’s fraud detection tools operate on the account level for specific verticals to ensure that you are targeting real B2B prospects.|
Demandbase lets you deliver ads with precision and efficiency to the accounts you care about most.
Types of Audiences
Personalized ads perform much better than generic ones, and with Demandbase personalized ads you can create multiple ads using one creative that dynamically changes to deliver a tailored ad for each of your selected accounts.
You can create a variety of audiences to target with personalized ads. Here are some commonly-used types:
- Most valuable customers
- New business
- Upsell/cross sell
Examples of Account-Based Ad Personalization
Once you’ve defined your target accounts and segments, you can serve ads personalized by attribute. This means that you only need one ad creative instead of multiples. Check out these examples.
Company-Based Ad Personalization
In this example, you can see how a single ad creative can be personalized using three different attributes: company size, industry, and company name.
Sales Stage-Based Ad Personalization
The following sample ads show how Demandbase can deliver creative tailored to the sales stage of an opportunity.
|Example Creative||Stage Goals|
|The goal of awareness messaging is to make prospects remember your brand and to communicate a simple benefit that your brand delivers.|
|Engagement is the goal for prospects who are already familiar with your brand. Feature the offer and include low friction content like an ungated whitepaper.|
|To boost conversions and drive leads, offer access to a valuable piece of content that prospects will desire enough to share their contact information.|
You use Demandbase Account-Based Retargeting to retarget accounts showing active buying signals.
When a visitor from a specific account is interacting with your site, Demandbase helps you retarget not just that visitor, but the entire buying committee. This enables you to reach multiple stakeholders within the account, accelerating the buying process.
- Serve ads after visitors leave your site
- Target the entire buying committee
- Track job functions
How it Works
Demandbase Account-Based Retargeting enables you to serve ad campaigns only to accounts showing engagement on your website. You can customize engagement criteria based on factors such as frequency of visits, type of content or page views. When a visitor from your account list meets the engagement criteria you’ve defined, Demandbase will serve ads to other employees of that account, increasing visits from that company.
- An employee from your target account list visits your website.
- Demandbase will match the visitor’s IP address to account data in its database.
- If the visitor behavior meets your engagement criteria, Demandbase will add the account to a campaign, enabling you reach additional stakeholders.
- Demandbase retargets visitors based on IP address. This is much more efficient than with cookies alone, because instead of retargeting all visitors, you deliver ads only to your most important target accounts. When a visitor from your account list meets the engagement criteria you’ve defined, Demandbase will serve ads to other employees of that account.
Reporting for Account-Based Advertising
You measure the performance of your account-based ads using the Demandbase' Targeting report list. Demandbase provides a 360 degree view including visits per account, the page URLs visited, and number of page views by company. Even when a visitor doesn’t click your ad or fill out a form on your site, you can measure the interest and activity of that account. These capabilities help you optimize campaigns for business outcomes, instead of relying only on surface-level metrics.
Recommended KPI Metrics for Account-Based Advertising
KPI Metric Name
|Lift||Measure the increase in page views on high value pages by targeted accounts since your campaign began.|
|Cohort Group Analysis||Advertise to half of the list.|
|Correlate Lift to Sales Outcomes||Including pipeline, new opportunities created, opportunities closed. Measure for 6-12 month-long programs.|
|Compare to Other Campaigns||Look at url parameters from other campaigns to see how much traffic they are generating against your target accounts.|
Keyword Discovery surfaces new keyword suggestions to help you optimize your tactics. You can use it to identify new relevant keywords by:
- Increasing click volume by capturing your buyers’ attention from a broader range of intent signals.
- Getting an edge on your competitors and improving search engine marketing efficiency by finding keywords that are contextually similar but less intuitive – and therefore less competitive, and less expensive.
Keyword Discovery can also drive a great amount of value for content marketing and Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Keyword Discovery results can give marketers a basis to audit the content on their sites, in order to:
- Speak the buyer's language by elevating the impact of your website and other digital channels with content that aligns to the demonstrated intent of your target accounts.
- Maximize organic search traffic with an SEO strategy that reaches into adjacent content areas.
How to Use
- To use Keyword Discovery you follow these basic steps:
- Build a Demandbase Profile
- Generate Keywords
The individuals within your audience from whom Demandbase has observed engagement on the keywords provided in the profile becomes the group that Demandbase monitors for new keywords.
After your profile and audience are built, you generate keywords by selecting a profile and audience and then selecting Generate Keywords. Demandbase then generates a Keyword Cloud and a Top Keywords Table.