Getting Started with Site Optimization
Site Optimization is a turn-key approach to website personalization. You specify the high-value content and goals using Demandbase’s Site Optimization set up tool. Demandbase then applies its Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to automatically recommend specific web pages to visitors based on their company interests and behaviors.
AI technology removes the barrier of ongoing manual mapping of what content should be recommended, allowing you to significantly scale your website personalization efforts and deliver a tailored experience for any visitor. This accelerates the visitor’s path to finding the most relevant content and high-value pages, and speeds up conversion.
Example of a website using Demandbase Site Optimization to display recommended content
Follow these steps to set up and use Site Optimization:
- Step 1: Log into the ABM Platform
- Step 2: Navigate to Site Optimization
- Step 3: Select Display Options
- Step 4: Select Recommendation Options
- Step 5: Preview & Publish Site Optimization Recommendations
1.1. Log into the ABM Platform by navigating to https://app.demandbase.com.
2.1. Navigate to Engagement > Site Optimization.
- A display option is how the recommendation window is displayed on your web pages.
- Tip: List View and Flyover View are the most common display options because they get a higher click through rate than the bottom banner and are not as invasive as the Right Rail display option.
3.2 Select which pages you want to show Site Optimization on. You can select to show it on all of your pages or you can select specific pages you want to include or exclude.
- Select a Condition and URL for each page you want to use.
- Tip: The best practice is to show it on all pages and leverage your analytics data to assess performance.
3.3 Click Save and Continue to save your selections.
Step 4: Select Recommendation Options
4.1. Add conditions and URLs for the high value goal pages you want your accounts to visit.
- Admin users can navigate to Settings > Data customizations> Web Conversion Page Definitions to see the full list of conversion URLs Demandbase has been able to auto detect as conversion pages.
4.2 Add conditions and URLs for those pages you want Site Optimization to exclude from recommendations.
- Some of the most common blacklist pages are: career pages and thank you/confirmation pages.
4.3 Click Save and Continue to save your selections.
5.1. Enter the URL address of the page you want to preview. In the example below, the recommended content is shown in the lower right corner of the page.
5.2 Select a company icon you want to simulate traffic from.
5.3 Click the Customize colors and fonts button to change the background color, font, and font color.
- To save your selections, click Apply and then view the results.
- In the example shown below the background color was changed from dark blue to orange in the recommended content window.
5.4 Specify custom settings by clicking the View additional Configurations link.
- After you enter your custom settings, click Apply to save your changes.
- The custom settings are listed in the table below.
|Send Events to Google Analytics||Select the Send Events to Google Analytics check box to send the following events to Google Analytics:
|Use custom Google Analytics tracker name||
|Set the recommendation window to be open by default||
|Use custom header text for the opened recommendation window||
|Override default protocol of the recommended content links||
|Show company name in opened recommendation window||
|Use custom text for recommendation window title||
|Delay recommendation window on page load||
|Fade in recommendation window||
|Use ripple animation||
|Recommendation window appears after user begins to scroll||
|Add an indicator arrow to each recommendation||
5.5 Click Save and Publish to save your selections and publish your Site Optimization configuration.