The Demandbase Tag sends Company Profile Attributes to custom dimensions in Google Analytics. Google Analytics integration allows a deeper dive into the data with customized reports.
Implementation Steps Summary
- Ensure Demandbase Tag is deployed to your website
- Add your team as Demandbase users, to be able to access ABM Platform and online resources
- Create and complete online profile
- Create an initial list of target accounts (company name + domain) and upload it as an Audience in the ABM Platform
- Optional: Integrate with Salesforce
- Complete Google Analytics / Adobe Analytics integration
- Learn how to interpret data in the ABM Platform
Step 1: Ensure Demandbase Tag is deployed to your website
A link to Demandbase Tag and deployment instructions should have been sent to you by the Demandbase Support Team. If you did not receive the email, contact your Customer Success Manager.
Step 2: Add your team as Demandbase users, to be able to access ABM Platform and online resources
The ability to create users and add/update permissions is only available for users with the Administrator role for their account. THIS article walks through how you can add or update user permissions in the Demandbase ABM Platform.
Step 3: Create and complete online profile
One of the most important prerequisites to receive insights on your Audiences is to complete an online profile. In order to access it, login to app.demandbase.com, make sure you're on the Home tab, click on Setup > View Profile > Create New Profile. Follow the instructions HERE to complete each step of the profile setup.
Step 4: Create an initial list of target accounts (company name + domain) and upload it as an Audience in the ABM Platform
Target accounts are companies with the most potential for your business such as:
A set of Target Account can range from 200 to 8,000 companies (or more) depending on your strategic approach.
You can start big and then refine / scale down, or start from small number of strategic accounts and expand from there.
One of the Platform Onboarding steps is to upload an initial target accounts list into the ABM Platform and start receiving insights on it. Detailed instructions on how to upload an audience can be found HERE
What are the advantages to connecting my Salesforce integration to Demandbase?
- Create and use audiences within the ABM Platform and eliminate the manual import/match, export, and re-import process for audience building and account ID via csv files.
- Account watch audiences and account ID reports are dynamic and updated every 24 hours.
- View performance across the entire funnel and compare performance between control groups and other audiences to see which accounts are moving into sales cycles and contributing to revenue.
To complete an oAuth step to integrate with your Salesforce, follow the instructions HERE
Step 6: Complete Google Analytics / Adobe Analytics integration
Click the appropriate link to complete integration with your 3rd party analytics.
Now that all the Onboarding Steps are complete, you can start accessing the data, creating reports and filters based on account segmentations. HERE are best practices on interpreting the data within the ABM Platform.