Building a New Audience from CRM (Beta)
In addition to the options for creating a new audience from 1) Account Selection or 2) a CSV file upload, Demandbase is releasing a new ability to do so via 3) a CRM integration. This streamlines the interaction between customers’ Salesforce and the Demandbase ABM Platform, and eliminates the manual step of list import, account matching, list export, and reimport, for audience building via CSV files. Once you set up your audience as a list of accounts, you can then begin viewing performance metrics and reporting, or choose to leverage those for targeting.
- IMPORTANT: Before you get started, you must complete authentication via OAuth to your SFDC instance. When this task is completed, a green check mark next to Salesforce Integration in the Home > Setup screen appears. For more information, please see the Salesforce Integration Overview.
- In your Salesforce account, navigate to Reports > Create New Report > Accounts to create a new report.
- 2.1 - Manually add 1) Account ID and 2) Website (Account Name should already be included).
- 2.2 - Save the report and enter a name.
- 2.3 - Run Report, and then navigate to the Reports Screen from the toolbar.
- 2.4 - Click the desired report and double-check to ensure all of the required fields are included and that this is the set of accounts that you'd like to include in your audience.
- 2.5 - Copy the URL field at the top of your browser.
- Note: Ensure the format is similar to: "https://demandbase.lightning.force.com/one/one.app#/sObject/00O0b000004rSKSEA2/view." This contains an 18-digit alpha-numeric Report ID field.
- In the Demandbase ABM Platform, under Home, click Audiences.
- Click the Create New Audience button.
- Click the CRM button.
- Type the name of your audience.
- Paste the Salesforce Report URL from step 2.5 above, into the URL field and hit Create Audience. Note: It could take several minutes to finish populating the audience, depending on the size of the report.
- After this is complete, you can then view your audience in conjunction with others that you have created on the Audiences Tab. These can then be easily used for Targeting, Engagement, or Conversion within the Demandbase platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the requirements to create a new audience from CRM?
A: Users must have authenticated via OAuth to their SFDC instance and display a green check mark next to Salesforce Integration in the Setup screen. For more information, please see the Salesforce Integration Overview.
Q: Does this report dynamically update?
A: No, this is simply a snapshot in time. If you'd like to make changes or have additional data to include, you can create a new audience from your CRM.
Q: I’m receiving an error message when I copy in my Report URL. What do I do now?
A: Please confirm that the OAuth integration is complete and all of the required fields are included in the report. If you are using the new Lightning Interface, please ensure you have navigated back to the Reports screen and then click into the desired report, in order to copy the correct URL.
Q: Is the integration bi-directional?
A: Not at this point, Demandbase is only reading from Salesforce.
Q: I use a different CRM system than Salesforce, is that supported?
A: At this time, Salesforce is the only supported CRM system to create new audiences. If you have not already done so, submit a feature request to help inform our product roadmap.
Q: If I have any issues with the integration that are not covered here, who should I reach out to?
A: Please contact your Customer Success Manager, who can help and guide you.