Testing a Forms Integration
Once you have followed the steps for provisioning Demandbase Forms, you can follow these steps to confirm that the integration is working as expected.
- Confirm that Demandbase is recognizing the page as a Forms page
- Confirm that the Domain API is firing
- Confirm that the Autocomplete API is firing
- Other considerations
If the Demandbase Tag is deployed on the page containing your form, and the form has the correct HTML ID or Name for the user facing company and email fields, then you can check that Demandbase is recognizing the form by doing the following.
- Load the form page in Google Chrome
- Type Demandbase.utils.isFormPage() and hit Enter
- Confirm that the value returns "true"
If isFormPage() returns "false", confirm that you have have the Demandbase tag deployed on the page and that the HTML ID or Name has been assigned to the user facing company and email fields. If you're still having issues please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The domain API should fire after the browser recognizes that an email has been entered in the Email field. To test this, do the following:
- Select the 'Network' tab
- Click the 'Preserve log' checkbox
- Enter a company email address in the Email field
- Deselect the Email field by tabbing or selecting the next blank field
- Confirm that an email.json network appears in the network activity
If you're not seeing the Domain API fire, double check that the email field contains the correct the correct HTML ID or Name. If the Email ID/Name was assigned to a different field, the form would still be recognized by the Demandbase tag but the user-facing email field won't behave as expected. If you're still encountering issues please contact us at email@example.com.
The Autocomplete API should fire after when three or more characters have been entered into the Company field.
- Begin typing a company name in the Company field
- Confirm that a company selector dropdown appears
- You will also see an autocomplete call in the network activity. The API will fire with each additional typed character so you may see several instances of autocomplete activity in the network tab.
If you're not seeing the Autocomplete API fire, double check that the company field contains the correct the correct HTML ID or Name. If the Company ID/Name was assigned to a different field, the form would still be recognized by the Demandbase tag but the user-facing company field won't behave as expected. If you're still encountering issues please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is possible to disable the Autocomplete functionality for a Forms integration. This is uncommon, but if Autocomplete is disabled you cannot toggle form fields.