- For identification purposes, Demandbase analyzes online identifiers (cookies) in the aggregate and applies AI and machine learning models to map them to companies and improve the overall quality of your experience with Demandbase solutions.
- Demandbase also syncs the cookie information with other cookies so that you're able to target users on relevant networks in the event you choose to run advertising through Demandbase. This cookie sync process involves setting third-party cookies as described below.
- When Demandbase uses cookie-based identification and sees that cookie again on one of your pages, we return information/identification for the associated company, thereby increasing identification.
Does Demandbase offer an opt-out?
Yes. Users may opt out of Demandbase cookies through the Digital Advertising Alliance's (DAA) WebChoices tool, available at: http://optout.aboutads.info/. You can opt out of Demandbase ad tech partners via their respective websites or the DAA's WebChoices tool.
How does cookie-based identification work?
- Cookies are placed on browsers when individuals land on a webpage where the Demandbase Tag is deployed or through our ad network partners.
- Our IP API logs and demand-side platform (DSP) tell us when we see that cookie in association with a domain. When cookie IDs associated with company networks meet a threshold, the Demandbase rules engine maps them.
- When Demandbase sees that cookie again, on one of your pages, we return information/identification for the associated company.
- You can expect to see an increase in identification, and can see your “remote” traffic in the Platform.
How does cookie-based identification work with the Demandbase Tag?
- All Demandbase clients will have access to setting and reading cookies by default, which are fired based on a pixel in your Demandbase Tag.
- We highly recommend keeping this code on your site because it helps to improve overall site identification and helps reach the right individuals in the event you choose to run advertising in addition to the benefits listed above.
- If you would like to request a custom integration for cookies or to disable cookies, this decision may affect identification rates and advertising. We are able to disable cookies if needed. Contact your CSM if you have any concerns or additional questions.
- This identification method has a higher accuracy and higher precision than standard cookies.
Can you provide more details about Demandbase cookies?
Demandbase participates in cookie pools with inventory partners through our DSP to serve targeted ads to individuals belonging to target accounts.
Demandbase cookie details:
|Third party persistent
Duration refers to how long a cookie is coded to last in a user's browser from the last time consent was obtained for that cookie. Data retention refers to how long the data collected from that cookie is retained on Demandbase systems.
What is my obligation regarding disclosure and consent?
Under the terms of your agreement, you are required to properly disclose the use of Demandbase technology and data collection through your website, including obtaining consent for the use of our technology and data collection when required by law. Consult your legal counsel for your specific obligations and make the time to ensure that your disclosures are up to date.
What signals and sources drive our visitor-level data?
- Ad Impressions on our network
- Demandbase Customer sites with Demandbase Tag placed
- Demandbase Partner sites with Demandbase Tag placed
Which solutions uses visitor-level data?
- Data collection:
- Once a user is verified and cookied, we can understand their digital behavior and business intent.
- Identifying and counting unique users.
- Retargeting and remarketing to individuals from target accounts from certain pages.
- Site Customization:
- Understands the intent and engagement, both off-site and on-site at an individual level as well as at an account level. When it can, Site Customization recommends website content based not only on a successful buyer’s journey for the visitor’s account or IP address, but specifically for that individual comparing their on-site and off-site web page visits with other people’s similar behavior.
Why does Demandbase sync with third parties?
For more information about cookie syncing, see the Ad Ops Insider article.
|Demandbase Analytics and Advertising
|Demandbase Analytics and Advertising