Cookie-based identification FAQ
A high level FAQ of common cookie-based identification questions.
- 1: How does cookie-based identification work?
- 2: What signals and sources drive our visitor-level data?
- 3: Which solutions will use visitor-level data?
- 4: How do I get access?
- 5: Additional details
- Visitors are cookied on our ad network or on client pages which attach a unique ID to that user/device to it for future reference.
- Our IP API logs and IPOW bid/no-bid tell us when we see that cookie in association with a SID. When cookie IDs associated with company networks meet a threshold, the Demandbase rules engine maps them
- When Demandbase sees that cookie again, on one of your pages, we return information/identification for the associated company.
- You can expect to see an increase in identification, and can see your “remote” traffic in the Platform (please note: this is not currently an individually visible flag or field).
- Ad Impressions on our network
- DB Customer sites with DB Tag placed
- DB Partner sites with DB Tag placed
- Data collection:
- Once a user is verified and cookied, we can understand their digital behavior and business intent.
- Targeting solution
- Identifying and counting unique users.
- Retargeting / remarketing individuals from target accounts from certain pages.
- Site Optimization– Site Optimization now understands the intent and engagement, both off-site and on-site at an individual level as well as at an account level. When it can, it recommends website content based not only on a successful buyer’s journey for the visitor’s account or IP address, but specifically for that individual comparing their on-site and off-site web page visits with other people’s similar behavior
- All Demandbase clients will have access by default, which is fired based on a pixel in your Demandbase Tag.
- This is GDPR compliant.
- We are able to disable cookies for your implementation. Please inquire with your CSM if you have any concerns or additional questions.
- This identification method has a higher accuracy & higher precision than standard cookies.