Build Site Optimization URL Segment for Adobe Analytics
Identify the Attribute
1. Log into Adobe Analytics and navigate to the Reports space
2. Use the search bar to find the appropriate URL attribute to use for segmentation; the exact attribute name may differ based on configuration, but will likely be along the lines of "Page URL"
3. Click on the attribute to open the Reporting view
Validate the Attribute
Before building a segment based on the wrong attribute, a quick validation can be done to ensure you've selected the correct one.
4. In the Search box, found just below the graph, enter "db-siteopt" and click "Go"
- If the result of the search is the below message ("No data match these criteria...") return to Step 2 above and select a different URL attribute; repeat until the correct attribute is identified
- If the result of the search is a list of URLs containing the "db-siteopt" snippet, you have identified the correct attribute and you can move forward to Step 7 - Creating a Segment
Build the Segment
5. Click the Segment icon on the left toolbar
6. Click "Add" in the Segments window
7. Configure the New Segment as shown below, then click Save
- Title: Site Optimization URLs
- Description: URLs reached by clicking through the Site Optimization Recommended Content Window
- Show: Hit
- Metric: Page URL (use the validated attribute for your configuration)
- Modifier: Contains
- Value: db-siteopt
Overlay Segment on Reports
8. Navigate to any existing report
9. Click the Segment icon on the left toolbar
10. Select the Site Optimization URLs Segment checkbox, then click Apply
If comparing reporting results between the Site Optimization URLs Segment and All, expected results of the Site Optimization - KPIs (SO) dashboard are outlined below.
- % Exit should be lower for those who engaged with SO
- Avg. Session Duration should be higher for those who engaged with SO
- Pages / Session should be higher for those who engaged with SO
- Goal Conversions should be higher for those who engaged with SO