After completing the setup of the Custom Data Connector with your instance of Adobe Analytics, it is important to test and troubleshoot the integration. The simplest way to test is with the Adobe Digital Pulse Debugger (https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/debugger.html). Before you begin, you'll want to make sure that you're connected to your company's internet. This ensures that corporate information is returned and displayed in the Adobe Digital Pulse Debugger. If desired, you may also follow the steps below in a video.
1. Very Important: Navigate to any of your pages that has Adobe CDC implemented. Clear your cookies and cache for this page (How to clear your cookies) and then refresh the page.
2. Run the Digital Pulse Debugger and observe the contextdata variables populated with firmographic data. This is enough indication the data is populating and SENT to Adobe.
3. If you do not observe the data or if you are missing data for specific dimensions, try clearing your cookies and cache again and trying again. If you still do not observe the data after retrying, there may be something wrong with the integration. Make sure that:
- Your page has the Demandbase API call, scode.js, and any other necessary Demandbase scripts on it.
- The dimensions for your eVars are spelled and mapped correctly.
- Your dimensions have the proper max string length.
4. If you are using a dev environment and would like instructions on how to use the data warehouse to confirm the data, you may contact your Demandbase Solutions Engineer for more details.