Installation & Usage (Target Standard UI)
1. Ensure that the latest Demandbase Adobe integration module is installed. Demandbase will provide two HTML <script> tags for deployment to the <head> of your HTML template. These tags are different than your Demandbase Tag. This tag will perform the API call to Demandbase & prepare the data to be consumed by Adobe. Depending on what you've licensed it will provide data for Analytics or Target or both.
Note that if you've already done this for an Adobe Analytics integration, it won't be necessary to repeat this step.
Note: Mbox JS and AT JS should come after Demandbase scripts for Global MBox, and before the api.demandbase.com script. For non-global mbox implementations and individual mbox creation, the order of the mbox JS library matters. It should be placed BEFORE Demandbase scripts.
Polling script for mbox.js: poll_mbox.txt
Polling script for at.js: atjs_polling.txt
4. Deactivate "auto-create global mbox": From the Target main page, go to Setup > Implementation and click "Edit mbox.js Settings." Ensure that "Auto Create Global Mbox" is off (grayed out) and click save.
5. While viewing the relevant web property in DTM, click the gear-shaped settings button for the Adobe Target integration. Under "Library Management" click "Check for Updates" and select "Yes" when prompted to install a new version of the integration code.
Creating a simple Demandbase-enabled Experience
1. Click "Create Activity" in Target UI under "Activities" tab. (You can select an existing activity if you've already created one).
2. In the "Create Account" screen, select "Add Experience Targeting"
3. Choose an existing Demandbase-enabled audience to receive the experience, or select "Create Audience"
4. If creating a new audience, select "Add Rule" > "Visitor Profile"
5. Select the desired Demandbase attribute from the drop-down menu, and choose the return value you want to target against for that attribute. For example, "Industry = Software"
6. Customize the experience: use the Target "Compose" wizard to customize the HTML for your newly-configured audience. When customization is complete, click "Next"
7. On the next screen, confirm that the Audience-Experience relationship is mapped correctly. Rename the experiences if desired. When complete, click "Next"
8. On the next screen, configure any "Goal & Settings" parameters as desired, and click "Save." No configuration on this page is necessary for the Demandbase integration.
9. From the main page for the newly-configured activity, click "Activate." You should now be able to see the experience firing for the chosen Demandbase audience.