Workspaces allow you to assign the data in your Demandbase tenant to each of your respective users that make up different business units. By creating separate workspaces for each of your business units, you can customize Demandbase One to reflect your organizational structure while still allowing for reporting at a global level.
Workspaces create partitions in the data in your Demandbase tenant so that teams of users within a workspace only work with the data available in that workspace. This allows different teams to execute GTM strategies specific to their business unit without fear of impacting other business units.
The following illustration shows an example of how you can set up workspaces for your organization.
Benefits of Using Workspaces
Some benefits of creating workspaces for each of your business units include:
- Increases efficiency: Allows different teams to execute GTM strategies specific to their business units without fear of impacting other business units, which is especially important for multi-product and multi-region companies.
- Reduces confusion: Allows larger organizations to manage data in their tenant specific to their business unit so there’s less confusion on which accounts and activities they should care about.
- Improves security: Keeps data specific to different business units within their respective workspaces so they are not visible to other business units.
Organizing Data in Workspaces
Workspaces make it easier for you to create unique GTM strategies for each of your business units.
Here are some examples of how you can organize your data for workspaces:
- Accounts by Company Size (Enterprise, Mid-Market)
- Accounts by Industry (Retail, Finance, Software)
- Accounts by Region (APAC, EU, Americas)
- People by Role (CEO, CTO, CMO)
- People by Department (IT, HR, Sales)
- Opportunities by Type (New, Upsell, Renewal)
- Opportunities by Stage (Prospect, In contract)
- Activities by Type (Intent, Page Visits)
- Activities by Product Line (Product A, Product B)
Features and Settings Available in Global and Individual Workspaces
The global workspace provides a rolled-up view of all the data and assets included in your individual workspaces. Once you decide on the organizational structure and criteria for your workspaces, you can define the types of data and assets to include in each individual workspace.
Important: We recommend only your Demandbase admins have access to the global workspace.
Certain features and settings can only be accessed by Demandbase admins in the global workspace.
The following features can only be accessed from the global workspace:
- Data Import
The following settings can only be set up from the global workspace:
- Account Connector
- Account Domain Report
- Account Journey Builder and Journey Settings
- Action Configurations
- Action History
- Activity Logging
- Allowed Domains
- Company Settings
- Data Sync Settings and Data Sync Status
- Email Access Control
- Email Service Account
- Engagement Minutes
- Lead Matching Report
- Scout Extension Settings
- Snapshot Settings
- System Settings
- Tag Configurations
If you access a feature or settings page that isn’t available in individual workspaces, Demandbase displays the following error message.